Need someone to build my board

Thank you for your reply but I only like to ride I’m not interest and really in building I just wanted to escape war that to go 35 miles an hour plus with a good range of 20 miles or so with a nice drop Down deck at 60 years old I probly won’t be riding much longer lol but I have a nice evolve carbon fiber but I ride to death but it’s just too slow for I’m riding

2 Likes

My first build had these issues that I though were just normal procedures:

I used only one layer of 8mm nickel strip, it broke after a couple of months riding I soldered the nickel strips because I didn’t have a spot welder, cells overheated a lot, even changed color I used bad quality nickel strips they rusted after 1 month I cutted the strips to be easier to solder decreasing current flow I never used protectors on the positive terminals of each cell, got shorts a after a while I didn’t use fish paper between packs, they rubber and caused shorts I didn’t use fish paper between balance leads and battery, just heat wrapped, they vaporized after some months and could have caused fire My soldering technique was not good, lack of heat and too much contact time I used 37/63 lead, pretty difficult to solder, bad quality soldering jobs

I’ll post if I remember more errors

@Eboosted didn’t you have one that…well…caught :fire:? Was that you?

1 Like

Sent you my contact number. I’ll be riding to Venice beach tomorrow afternoon, so better to call me between 10am and 12pm tomorrow. What deck do you have? 12s4p is a fairly large battery which requires a long wheelbase to mount properly.

Yes Michael, that was one of them. I never used fish paper on those first builds, that should be mandatory.

1 Like

The battery built is a thing it’s own and you should have the right tools and knowledge to build a proper back. The rest shouldn’t be an issue. Lot of people start there built from 0. Like I did too. This forum is great! Can’t say how much hours I already spend with reading and research… But usually I found an answer to all my question. And if no just ask, usually there is somebody here to help you out. For sure it takes time and effort to do a proper built…but the more you can be proud after…for me the most satisfying feeling to look at my board and say…all this I made by my own… If you don’t have this time or don’t want to investigate that time into this hoppy than it would be better if you directly would have bought a prebuilt board…

Maybe from here we will start to solve your troubles???..so

What’s with your VESCs? What you don’t understand? Where you stuck? What makes you frustrated?