NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Great! That works out! I’ll place an order in the next few days, ty for the information!

Starting 2021.12.01 until 2022.01.04

Has anyone else seen this kind of problems?

Yeah. I was running a 13s pack on my e-bike. After about 1500 miles, I started getting intermittent voltage readings. Opening up the pack, the tab coming out of the pack had been arcing with the bus bar, and melted all the petg around the terminal. The bottom of the bus bar touching the top of the tab was black with carbon and heavily pitted. The M5 bolt was still fully tightened on.

I’m guessing something initially caused a bit of arcing, which started a process of increasing resistance, causing further arcing and heating until my pack stopped producing power due there no longer being continuity in the series connection. The batteries were all fine, and I had more NESE modules, so I just replaced the melted one and the pack seems fine. I have no idea what started the arcing process, because all the M5 bolts were still snuggly holding the bus bars to the tabs.

I typically ran 10-15A on a 48V 24Ah pack, so nothing really high powered. I don’t run a BMS, just check the cells once a quarter and rebalance if they’ve drifted apart. I’ve never opened up the modules to check if there’s internal arcing, but based on the fact the cells aren’t getting out of balance, I would guess that’s not happening.

1 Like

+1 The NESE modules are max…