Never Summer Reaper | Dual TB 6355 | 10S4P Modular Travel-Safe battery | ABEC 11 97MM

yep it does heat up the cell more. Spotwelding would be a good point, or a really high Watt iron.

So yesterday I finished the build =O, I still need to put the enclosure bolts, enclosure gasket, watt metter, upgrade the charging port ad work polishing the details:

I uploaded the @Ackmaniac latest firmware limited the max watt to 700W and went for a test ride.

OMG the board feels so stable at high speeds but at 700W it feels a lot less powerful than the Bamboo GT in GT mode, the calibers 44 with 6 degree angled raisers seems to be designed for 50MPH or more, not even a single minuscule speed wooble, but at low speeds it’s not as carvy as the Evolve Bamboo GT, nevertheless it’s way more comfortable and easier to ride.

I’ll post more pictures tomorrow when I finish the detils.

BTW my BMS seems to be charging one of the packs 0.15V more than the rest of the packs, not sure it the cells of that specific pack are bad or the BMS is shot because of a short I had when I was assembling the board.

5 Likes

Hope someone could give me a hand setting the vesc to avoid this, at least a little bit

1 Like

Two ways to avoid this, one is to push before u pull the trigger, the other is to use sensored FOC. Another option is to use Hybrid mode BLDC, but this doesn’t completely remove the cogging effect only reduces it.

Vesc settings?

Awesome build ! Love that reaper deck ! I wanted one but too hard to find in Australia - went with a tesseract instead. Love that enclosure - second the call for sales !

Thanks guys!

If anyone wants to build a NS Reaper I could make the same enclosure for US$ 50.00

Here is the a small video of the first ride on the street.

1 Like

Do you need to plug the hall sensors to the VESC in order to use hybrid mode?

Yes, it uses sensored BLDC on low erpm then cuts off the sensors at higher erpm.

Looks smooth! USD - AUD exchange rate isn’t so great for me atm, will have to wait for trump to crash your currency! HOw much would postage be to Australia anyway?

Well I’m in located in Peru and we use Pen (Peruvian nuevos soles) maybe I’d be better for you.

So how did you form the enclosure? Did you use vacuum forming?

How do you manage to connect the two XT90 from the VESCs into one from the battery?

While installing the watt meter, throw a fuse in there at the same time. @PXSS will agree

little fuse selection

1 Like

@Blasto In what line would you suggest to install the fuse?

hot battery output.

this would fit well

fuse holder

fuse rating selection

4 Likes

Completely agree with Blasto. I ordered a fuse holder for maxi size fuses and a 60A fuse but thats for a build without bms. Location either on positive lead directly to battery. The BMS should already have short protection in it so look over it’s specs.

Today I made some room for the modular battery connections with a router, mounted the nutserts to the board and bolted the enclosure.

I’m loving this board much more than my Evolve Bamboo GT.

3 Likes

Here is a small video of tonight ride with both builds!

2 Likes

@Eboosted Man!!! what a great work!! best cover I have seen here! where did you got those batteries … I thought they were 3,7V each… so you did an 10s4p… how long do you ride before get’s flat?., that is a bestech BMS? I’m looking for a battery… and maybe repeat what you did… put it together myself… but not sure… I was looking at this one… https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/electric-skateboard-10s3p-37v-7-5ah_60681583720.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.8.697a8c3elZPeOl