New battery builder in San Diego

I recently went on a group ride with several evolve riders and had a blast. On that ride, I made a few new buddies! Not only are they on the site but they build and repair batteries. @RedBaron hooked my tb 12s4p with a new bms and fixed the cells for super cheap! Added a loopkey to bypass discharge as well!!! Kept the voltmeter working. I will add pics once more space is available! San Diego people… we have a legit local builder,…although he doesn’t sell genuine gold motors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

lets see them cells :slight_smile:

e: woops we havnt fixed that yet :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I know @Arzamenable just got stuff for spot welding

And iirc @marcmt88 and @Boardnamics are in San Diego as well, what a great place then to get legit parts and build amazing builds using them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And muirskate is here too! It really has been great getting stuff locally

3 Likes

That’s actually great to hear sice I just screwed up my bms

oh as if you don’t enjoy your crazy drive up and down the coast looking for deals :rofl:

4 Likes

At least a firestarter. I just got 42 SPIM08HP’s in the mail.

1 Like

Sweet. Let us know if they’re legit.

1 Like

I’m sooooo jelly of all you Cali folks… God I can’t wait to move from this apocalyptic snowstorm we are having. ITS MARCH FOR CHRIST’S SAKE!

2 Likes

Its been raining here alot more than usual… we still have a few dry days in between but still, weather has been whack…these rainy days are definitely for building

Yeah this is BS I mainly ride on weekend mornings before the family wakes up. This wet stuff is getting annoying!

2 Likes

They make me nervous. I could easily stuff a 13s3p pack (22-24 ah) … Jkjk, I used the damn search button like god intended and These cells have been put through their paces already on the forums.

@b264 I will find my free esk8 lunch and eat too, some day, maybe.

1 Like

Off to measure some IRs. Best case, I’m going to offer tows on my 4wd. Worst case, I’m making the largest 3s spotwelder power supply on the west coast.

2 Likes

So far I love the way he handles his business. Constant communication and pictures… always keeping me updated on what is going on and how long it will take… and SUPER punctual. If he quotes me two days, it’s two days. @RedBaron is definitely a legit batt builder and repair guy. And a big big shoutout to @thisguyhere! The battery I ordered from him came in and its a work of art!!! It’s crazy to think that jjst last year I started this not knowing how to solder and thinking about buying a swagboard… now i have 3 10s5p batteries, a 12s4p, a 10s lipo and I wouldnt dream of buying anything sold in a store. All thanks to you guys… Big thanks to the community!!!

6 Likes

image image

2 Likes

Thanks for the shout out! Glad to be of service to the community.

4 Likes