Hi everyone, So I’ve decited to build my first own electric skateboard. I’ve chosen all the parts for it, but I have some questions about compatibility and if those are the best I can get for my budget (around 600-700USD), feel free to suggest or share your opinions about my setup!
- Motor I have dillema if should i go for double motor, or single one. I live in city, there is no big hills but I don’t want to have a problems with riding on them and not overheat my motor. My first thought was to buy two 5055 sk3 motors (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-5055-320kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html), but I’ve read that motors with higher KV could fry your VESC/ESC. Here is formula: Numer of cellsvoltageKV*7. If it is under 60k you won’t fry your controller. Can you confirm that? After that information I’ve done some research and many people recomend this 6374 motor (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-192kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html). What do you think about it?
- VESC/ESC Im still looking for VESC/ESC, what do you think about this Turnigy SK8-ESC (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-sk8-esc-v4-12-for-electric-skateboard-conversion-w-bec.html)? Its not cheap, but it looks quality to me. Is it good? Is there one controller for Double motors?
- Batteries I’ve decited to buy 10x18650 Samsung INR18650-35E 3500mah Li-Ion bateries and make 10s from them. Do you know what distance can I travel on those?
- BMS Just a regular 10s BMS (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Max-40A-Balance-Battery-Protection-Board-BMS-PCB-For-36V-10S-10Packs-Li-ion-Cell/311862435323?hash=item489c731dfb:g:dUgAAOSwoSFbRdL3:rk:3:pf:0). Is there sense to buy more expensive one?
- Pulley and motor mount So here i have another problem, should I buy kit from Ebay or should I depute it to someone to make it. Which option is better? How much gear should big and small have? What size belt should be?
- Remote controller. Just a standard 2.4 Ghz remote controller (https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2-4g-Electric-Skateboard-Longboard-Wireless-Remote-Controller-Mini-Receiver-W2/2242848397)
- Charger i’ve found this cheap battery charger (https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/42V4A-Charger-10S-36V-li-ion-battery-Charger-Output-DC-42V-With-cooling-fan-Free-Shipping/32760909127.html?spm=a2g17.search0220.127.116.11c1dee9PjKVlL&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_318_319_10546_317_10548_10696_450_10084_10083_10618_452_535_534_10304_533_10307_10820_532_204_10843_10059_10884_323_10887_100031_320_10103_448_449,searchweb201603_60,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=c6e358b1-8dcd-48d4-9d71-20da8077823a-0&algo_pvid=c6e358b1-8dcd-48d4-9d71-20da8077823a&transAbTest=ae803_4). Do You know, if should I buy like more expensive charger or this one is enough? I don’t want my batteries to explode or break.
- Battery holders Here are some basic holders (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075N4DLSJ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=just02b0-20&linkId=ae7716d1c1628ce9d4e6df754b346f8f). I think those are ok, but im open for any suggestions if I should replace them.
Now I’m trying to figure out the mechanical components. Board, Trucks and Board have to wait this problems to be solved. It would be nice to have answers for at least some questions! Thanks for answers!