New builder? LIST OF KNOWN AND COMMONLY USED PARTS!

No, haven’t.

You can get them directly from Maytech. I don’t think they have a distributor and they don’t have an online store so you have to do it by email.

Email them for a quote: [email protected].

They’ll send you a proforma invoice with PayPal details and you can do it like that.

cool… I was asking since Ive seen few different versions of the same model, such: different color, different shell, with logo, without logo etc… So I wasn’t sure which one was legit and which one isn’t. Thanks for the info, Ill email asap.

No probs. Maytech have been great with me so far.

I think they make motors for a couple of resellers, which may be the reason for your confusion.

Humm…I think @lowGuido had some thing to say about this esc just can’t find the link

yeah its a good ESC if you like to SYF!

1 Like

Think I found your original post about them :wink:

yeah I wouldn’t recommend them for skateboards. they are probably great for RC cars.

Just a heads up guys, I’ve decided to go ahead with building a database structure for all of this data, so that I can make a configuration tool. I’m building the db structure while I wait for the dns name to propagate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s a great idea.

What about adding user add product reviews for specific products under each vendor?

Would be a great resource to cut down on searching thru threads and re asking questions on the forums.

I was thinking of starting simple, since building said tool will take a few days straight of coding. Luckily, I have a content management system I wrote a while back, which eliminates 60% of te code I would normally write. So it’s just the new pieces of the puzzle I need to write.

I would like to scale up though to including product ratings and reviews, along with links to vendors who are known to sell said product. I can’t give a time line yet, but it’ll be a good summer project.

Just an update for all interested. The database is coming along well. I have a domain name setup for it, been writing a lot of back end code for the inventory management system today. Been working around the clock the last few days, and if I can keep up the pace, I will have something ready in the next few days. I’m working on an idea of creating virtual builds. So if you signup, you’ll be able to create as many virtual builds as you like. I will have a system for users to be able to alert me (and who ever else I choose to make admin) to new stores selling any given product already in the system, to alert us of new products not in the system, and user reviews. I would l’ve one day to be able to create a 3d building tool, where you can virtually build the board in 3d (instead of the way it’ll be now, where it’ll be more so a checklist to make sure everything fits together and you have all the parts you need). I will try to keep with general prices of said items also, so you can compare builds before you ever buy any item to decided what works best for your budget. All in all, a beta release with some (but not quite all) of these features is right around the corner, so stay tuned :slight_smile:

13 Likes

sounds amazing!

Me likey @evoheyax :+1:t2:

Awesome configuration tool build!

anyone have experience with this? any better alternatives?

This is the one @longhairedboy uses for his builds

Would add ollinboard decks/components. Also I think longhairedboy now has enclosures he is making as well (or outsourcing?).

yep they work great. I have a tiny drawer full of them now.

ordered 1, looking forward to it!

Can we add chargers to the list? 6S, 10S and 12S chargers?