New custom deck tailored towards electric skateboarding (Group Buy)

Hey guys! I’m going back and forth with a deck manufacturer to produce a new downhill styled deck for electric skateboards. General specs are:

• 38" long
  • 9.5" wide
  • 5" curved Kicktail
  • Integrated tail handle for dragging the board.
  • Tub/Flatcave concave (makes for easy mounting of the electronics)
  • 8-ply maple layup
  • Multiple bolt holes for looks (and adjustability)

The deck’s general shape is going to look something like this. https://mkskateboard.en.alibaba.com/product/60424036055-802603276/Electric_skateboard_electric_powered_skateboard_bluetooth_control_electric_skateboard_high_speed.html?spm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.4.4ba2b850DzIODu

And this 41B03BC8-25E2-43FC-88E9-729F76FC65E5-3572-000004CEE256FBAB

Of course the main changes will be a kicktail with a handle and a wider flat area to flush fit with enclosures.

I’m looking to fund the startup costs and initial production with a group buy, so I’m projecting a group buy price of 35-40$ or so. Hopefully I can get some pictures soon of the final product. Any thoughts or suggestions? I’d like a tally of interest so then I know how to proceed.

5 Likes

Im interested…

Downhill deck with a 6" kicktail? I’d like to know more about your design concept. I think we would at least want to see some sketches as to what you are thinking the final product would look like.

• Do you have a 3d concept render to share?
  • Deck profile/cross section?
  • Wheelbase?
  • Likely flex characteristics?
1 Like
  • Oops, made a typo. kicktail is 5"
  • Wheelbase is roughly 27"
  • We are looking at minimal flex due to the consistent tub concave of the deck

I just began the design process, but I’m pretty set on what I want as for the design of the deck. I don’t have a drawn cross section of the deck, but as said earlier it’s a consistent tub concave. The flat portion of that cross-section is 7.5", which should be wide enough for whatever enclosure you intend on using.

I like the deck!! the kicktail too and its pretty cheap, €40 per deck? i would like one i think

Did some double checking this morning with a measuring tape. The Psychotiller 405 enclosure should work for this deck. That means this deck will accommodate a 10S4P enclosure without a hitch.

2 Likes

Could you quickly sketch what the shape of the board will look like? I’m having a hard time picturing the one you posted with a kick tail

1 Like

interested!

Are you saying the enclosure would fit the deck even if you have belt driven motors mounted under the deck? Or would it only fit with rear mounted belt motors or hub motors?

1 Like

I have been trying decks from skateshred to test different deck features for electrics…These are perfect for hobbyists wanting to try different deck styles and shapes on electric setups. The quality is “good enough” for testing and I haven’t broke one yet… http://www.skateshred.com/index.php/wholesale-blank-longboard-decks.html

1 Like

will Cad files be avalable. if I was to machine enclosures I would like to have a deck that has a cad file for it

Don’t forget i own a Skateshred DIY :hugs:

I’m taking what I like from this deck (and what I don’t like) and giving it my own spin.

5 Likes

You’re right about the belt drive motors making it a tight fit if we were to use the 405 enclosure. I’m debating increasing the length to 38 inches to things easier to mount, however I’m debating the change in size, and whether or not we’re better off using a shorter enclosure that still fits the 10S4P pack and the VESCs.

1 Like

do it bro!!!

if it can fit my dual diag 6374s, 10s3p (flatpack) and 2 vescs put me down.

2 Likes

Aight so here’s an update. The cost to produce each deck is $30 give or take, not including shipping… which is sure to be a bitching since the MOQ is 50 units. I’m going to set the group buy price at $40 per deck plus domestic shipping. 50 decks is a lot though, dunno if there’s enough people interested.

CAD model surfacing is not my forte, so ya’ll are going to to have to wait for the pictures of the actual prototype. Hopefully there’s enough generated interest. If anyone is interested in helping me CAD model the design of the deck, that would be appreciated.

2 Likes

shoot me a pm. I can help with cad

PMed your ass. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

so the deck will be $40 with or without shipping costs (i live in EU)

1 Like

I like this deck so I am very interested to see your changes!

1 Like