New DIY remote design! (in progress)

I look forward to seeing/hearing the results!

Got it printed, and everything is working!

It took a good hour to mod the case, as a handful of parts didn’t line up: -The USB port hole was a couple milliliters to short -the entire remote itself needs to be slightly wider at the front, as you can see it doesn’t fit together perfectly yet -I didn’t know where to put the holes for the 3 knobs, so I just cut a the plastic with a dremel (looks pretty bad too… but works and it v1) -broke the switch… hence the ghetto mounted one on the side from a fried esc -had to do some hacking, dremeling, and cutting to just get the dang pcb to fit in…

For an initial version, i’m happy: it works, and is solid. For the next version I’m going to: -move usb hole -increase width by millimeters -fix areas that needed addition hacking -pre-design holes for the knobs -pre-design holes for the joystick assembly

Now, here are some pics. As I said before, overall I’m happy with this working v1 prototype! Ergonomics are actually pretty sweet too :smile:

4 Likes

Nice! I like this. needs a little bit of refining but its a start. I reckon you can take the pot off the board and mount it in the remote somehow, that would eliminate the large square portion on the top.

1 Like

NIce work, dude!! :+1:

Thanks all!

Ya, @lowGuido I plan to slim it down- it’s basically right handed only at the moment…

@JLabs by chance do you want me to send you the STL files once I modify it to the small renditions I mentioned in my earlier post? the internal dimensions would be spot on, and you could change whatever else you wanted. It may make it easier on your since the nitty gritty measuring part is finished.

That would be awesome!! I got one part done and it could go a lot faster if I had the file! Let me know when you are able to send it!

Lynda.com has some great videos about CAD-drawing. You get a 10 day free trial as a new costumer.

1 Like