New esk8 | <500€ | 18.5mph | hill climber

I like the use of the clear lid polycase, i have put some epoxy behind the holes that the screws go into, they have vibrated out when I didn’t. Also, use blue loctite on the screws themselves.

1 Like

Hmm, I haven’t used loctite on those, so I’m glad you’ve said so!

If you’re looking for hill climbing ability than a dual motor belt driven board would be the way to go. The only companies that make hubs capable of climbing hills without melting are Enertion, Carvon and Mellow, also Torqueboards hubs aren’t bad.

I think a single 6374 would probably put down more power than a dual hub koowheel. Hill climbing ability really just comes down to how much power it’s designed for and how it’s geared. Anything below the 800$ price point probably can’t put down enough juice to get you up a lot of hills.

I’m still wondering if I should buy or build. But I don’t think that with my budget I would build something better than the benchwheel.

Price wise it is incredibly hard to compete with the chinese reseller brands so for what you’re paying benchweel and koowheels are pretty good, but if hillclimbing is a priority I’d suggest saving up.

That being said if the hills aren’t very steep then you should be fine.

Do you guys know brands that make cheap products?

How are the chinese motors?