New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

What will be the board requirements for this app? Will I be able to use it with my stock Koowheel d3m gen 2?

If not, anyone know if the board is moddable to work?

1 Like

If it has Bluetooth , then it’s useable , if not, then no

1 Like

@Jc06505n you sure? It’s a lot of talk about the HM10 module and VESC.

Sorry that’s that I mean , if it’s a Bluetooth module (the hm-10 mainly ) it’s useable

As far as I know Koowheel is not using VESC… So no way this app would work with it

1 Like

@Kug3lis that’s what I feared :frowning: There was talk about them making a official app, which seems to have been cancelled. So this would be awesome! The app looks fantastic!

Like the many that came before me I’m eager to see this come to fruition. I saw a lot of requests to make this a community driving project which sounded awesome, I kept waiting to read the next post saying it was open to all devs but never happened. I can only speculate as to why it was kept closed which is 100% ok but as someone who is now beyond excited to see this available to everyone its hard not to wish it was made open source to expedite the completion of work. I’m sure @bradrisse has invested a considerable amount of time and money into developing this with his express desire to make it free to all is incredible. At this time all I can do is say thank you for your work and dedication the the community. I look forward to seeing this become available for testing. If there is room for additional beta testers please keep me in mind :slight_smile:

Question? What ever happened to esk8app.com?

2 Likes

Hi Some new for this app it is coming soon ???

1 Like

In… I wanna follow this. Lol. Longtime developer here and this looks super cool!

wow this looks amazing, i can think of something that wont be hard to implement, the battery indicater would be great if your phone would send off notifications for preset percentages or have them go off at 85%, 50%, 25%, 10%,5%

i think this would be a nice feature, wouldn’t need a battery indicator, could just use the app itself which would be great.

1 Like

Did you finish this ever or?

1 Like

I’ll second that, I’m sure you are busy but I’d suspect if you truly think this will get finished people would love to hear more frequent updates.

Ended up going with the Xmatic app (iPhone only), but will definitely give this a try when its ready!

So I’m still testing the app and making modifications as I go along. Should have a video demo ready in a few weeks.

10 Likes

:champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne: yes

1 Like

let me know if you need someone to test the app - I know how to write a proper bug report

2 Likes

i wish this could be developed or someone could figureout a add-on arudino module and some code to make this usable for DIY china board setups . would be awesome !

1 Like

does the app work with the new unity from enertion??

It’s not even released…

how is going that sir… I would like to try it!

2 Likes