New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

Feeling i need a bluetooth module. i have a TB VESC, where can i buy one bluetooth ?..i asked dyielectricks, their response was: “we have no experience with it, but i could try”.

ps:sorry for the newbie question

any HM-10 bt module will work. pretty sure there are some on amazon

1 Like

if you dont mind solder the cables on yourself then the modules pretty cheap on ebay. I use a module from ebay for the ackmaniac application.

1 Like

The GUI is great! Looks better than all the others currently available. Keep up the good work and let me know when you release it!

1 Like

I compiled the list of suggestions and a few extra. All of these are possible and I will work them in.

Video Overlay @thisguyhere

• After logging data, ability to upload video and overlay the data by selecting a point in video and syncing with historical stats

Mode Switching @bsancken @Guacamoleface @Kael

• Ability for users to select a certain mode that will modify VESC settings

Smart Watch Support @Crossfire

• Display a smaller amount of data like Battery, Vesc Temp, Speed, and Distance (iOS, Android, Tizen)

Strava or Similar @Quiles

• Integrate with existing running and biking apps all sport stats mashup

Edit Total KM @Surfer

• Ability to edit total KM when switching new phones or setting up with existing board

Beta Testers @GrecoMan @thisguyhere

• Set up signup for for those interested in Beta testing

Vesc Settings

• Set max speed, adjust brake strength etc

Board Selector

• Ability for user to select an existing board or create a custom one with board type, motor type, pulley teeth, battery type etc

Multiple Boards

• Ability for a user to have multiple boards and select which board to ride with

Open Source @b264 @Pimousse

• Ability for developers to submit pull requests for app changes/enhancements

Rider Profile

• Ability for user to input age, height, weight, and riding experience to have suggested Vesc settings

Multiple HM-10 Modules @ Mikenopolis

• Ability for user to communicate with multiple HM-10 modules with PPM settings on FOCBOX
17 Likes

Looks Good! I have no additional suggestions.

3 Likes

Looks good, can’t wait to use it on my Raptor2

1 Like

you want me to send you an email or something? so i can test it?

What a coincidence. In our bay area group (Esk8 Squad Bay Area) we are about to select our standard Esk8 track App. We were discussing which App to select.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528068380597110/

This looks really promising, hopefully it turns out well.

Its not released yet, but I hope to be in the running when it is. However, your comment gave me some ideas about group skating with possible challenges etc.

@Crossfire Here is the design for Apple Smart Watch

13 Likes

Brad, that looks next level, man! So sick!

In general, please make sure that the app “always” stays connected to the gps. So we can easily turn off the screen, put the phone in our jackets and not have to worry about if it tracks properly.

That map underlay will be dynamic as you ride? Very nice!

Metric/imperial option?

Keep up the good work, man! Really loving it so far. If you need a beta tester for the iWatch app, let me know! I’ll gladly test the stuff out. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Yes the map will be dynamic, I will have a setting to keep GPS on by default after starting ride.

@bradrisse will that work for a regular smart watch?

Ill make sure when I release it will work with both Apple Smart Watch and Android Wear. I dislike when apps come out with support for Apple and not Android or vice versa.

5 Likes

This needs to be a law. I can’t say it better myself. It’s terrible when that happens.

1 Like

Any chance of developing for the galaxy gear too?

Looks like there are some porting options for converting to tizen, so yes.

1 Like

Yeah the developper of metr never developped the tizen version of his app ! Nice to see yours coming. I have some bluetooth modules on all my board and ride 20 km a day. I can be in the beta test if u like.

How works the odometer ? Do u have to record to add ? Or it does it by itself ?