New Esk8 Shoe on the Block

I always skate them

1 Like

Does this apply also to pro series vans? I am looking to replace my DC Switch Plus S and I liked how Vans Kyle Walker fit me but Iā€™ll have to find something else if they wonā€™t last.

1 Like

The pros are defently stronger. Then again my pros toe started splitting after 2 months. But Iā€™m on my feet alot.

1 Like

I have the shoes now and they are made alot better than other vans iā€™ve owned. Thereā€™s reinforcement in the spots that are high contact with the board. They have that new insole (ultracush) which is pretty darn comfy!

1 Like

2 months with any kind of use thatā€™s not extreme work environment is not good enough to be fair.

Actually 2 months of skating is great. Sliding repeatedly a shoe against a piece of abrasive such as grip tape definitely classifies as extreme use in my book. When I skated we mostly used airwalk shoes, they lasted ages. Then someone said that converse all stars were so much better as they gave you a better feel of the board. So naturally I went and bought some with my pocket money. I tore through them in one session, ONE FREEKING SESSION. I was so upset, I continued skating in them covered in duct tape for months.

2 Likes

@taz when I turned 18/19 and my vans started breaking significantly faster I lost faith in their production and havenā€™t touched them since, so I canā€™t comment on the pro series

Well Converse got bought out by nike and shipped out to china to be made. If you had some old school USA made ones they would have lasted.

I still have 4 pairs from back in the day that are USA and they are still in one pieceā€¦granted one pair is about 12 years old and held together with some duct tape nowā€¦but its all connected so ONE PIECE!

2 Likes

Yes I can comment on thtā€¦ fuck chucksā€¦ less than one month of skating and they break

the ones my friend has had since his sr. Year of hush school that he wears daily, are still holding better than the 2 I have bought recently and will not buy anymore

1 Like

Dude, I am 45 and this was when I was 17. All stars were USA made then. Not that it makes a difference, thin canvas vs rough grip tape : 0 - 1.

2 Likes

i used to love converse

yea but they def lasted longer than they do now!! I love me some USA chucks, the new ones must be made out of paper or something.

1 Like

I am on my feet 10-15 hours a day 7 days a week at work. Thatā€™s not counting getting to work. And I donā€™t drive.

2 Likes

I feel ya thereā€¦I work in data centers so iā€™m always walking aroundā€¦maybe not 7 days a week though!! You need a vacation

2 Likes

Same skunkā€¦ I work over 60hrs a week (between 2 jobs) and Iā€™m on my feet over 80% of the time, not including the skating and or walking I do to get to work and between jobs haha

2 Likes

IMG_3068 Iā€™ve had these for over a year, worn them almost daily and abused them plenty. Iā€™m super happy with how theyā€™ve held up.

1 Like

15330834205421227870778 15330834788491330495261

Less than 1 month of light use in between using my work boots and my Adidas

1 Like

@rok

No hate but whats the point of this thread? The tittle is awfully misleadingā€¦

Awfully misleading?? :roll_eyes: :point_right: New Esk8 Shoe on the Block

Just that, is a new Esk8 shoe in the market. Whats the misleading part?

I think the misleading part is the heading ā€œesk8 shoeā€ where this is just a sk8 shoe. Nowhere in the link does it mention esk8 (at least that I saw).

2 Likes