NEW ESK8 V1.2 controller by esk8.de version 1.2 with new feature and cheaper price!

so what is the improvement over original design beside being compact and stability

1 Like

Very cool! :heart_eyes: Keep it up.

What’s the improvement with Focbox?

no 60k erpm bldc limit. why u ask me talk to @onloop

Do you mean the V 1.1 or the V 4.12 I do not compare our controller with the FocBox or V6 The basis was the V4.12 For the original V 1.1 only the option came that you can now plug in the LCD display without soldering.

1 Like

The 60K limit is still existing with focboxes AFAIK - anything above is highly inefficient and it still is a 4.12 at heart. The DirectFETs might help and you have them here as well so it should be on par with the Focbox if not better (Remember: This is made in Germany while Focboxes are made in China and had some QC issues recently if i remember correctly).

1 Like

Plus full aluminum case. Or is the top side plastic?

Does BV get a cut from the sales?

Looks milled - so the heatsink capacity should be larger than on Focboxes. I actually really dig this new design - hats off to you @esk8.

2 Likes

i own two of the 1.1 controllers, very reliable, they really do not get hot even when maxing out alle the time, the downside is aluminium the upper side plastic mostly ABS or polypropylene

First of all, we focused on the product that we can produce it so well and cheaply That the customer gets good quality at an affordable price We are considering whether the customer decides whether he is willing to pay a little more money for the product, which is then passed on as a donation to BV. We thought about giving a possibility to the customer if he is ready for it. The customer can decide for himself and a button click where he decides if he wants to donate 1, 2 or 5 € The current price is fair and I think nobody will It’s hard to pay more for a donation. The amounts donated by the customers will be made public The amounts of course, not the customers.

Yes, the top side was out ABS, we have the first covers milled the top side out aluminium too, we did not have good experiences out Aluminium by the top side.

the pin assignment/pcb layout for the pins would be a good option on the topside via sticker or so

We are working on it and want making a sticker with al assignment

1 Like

Not really sure why people still want sellers to do this for them. Everyone can freely donate on https://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool by selecting the preferred “status”. Otherwise the seller will just do it for you but raise the price by that amount.

How many percent of people do you really think hit the donate button plus many use ackmaniac for example, where bv automatically gets 0. I know - open source bla bla nobody has any obligations obviously but I really think this has got to do with common decency. There’s a bunch of Vesc-ish manufacturers who make a lot of cash based on his development (hard and software). This took so much skill and years of work. I don’t think it’s unnecessary to remind people who they got to thank for this every now and then.

1 Like

Not sure I agree as I’d rather have the choice myself and not be forced into it by the seller - I also believe a conscious decision for donating makes you appreciate the work more and leaves you with a better feeling than otherwise. Nevertheless the “option” during checkout looks like a fair way of dealing with the problem no?

this may seems a bit exaggerated but do i have to donate to henry ford every now and then because im buying a new car?

That’s really exaggerated. BV SHOULD get a cut and be compensated for his work - it’s just about how that is made happen.

HF also did not offer the schematics for his cars for free on the internet for everyone to just produce and make money off of him.

3 Likes

yeah anything above in efficient theory… I dont care as long as it doesn’t fry. About german tho, they lost ww2 because of qc control and expense. ( no offense) point being expensive and perfect is not always the best case. And why are u keep brining me Focbox. I didn’t even mention it. Like I said talk to Jason.

and the donation is not mendatory. it is open source if you feel paying BV, go for it. But lots of invention and design available for free and some don’t even ask for donation. You’d be dead without open source invention. Penicillin saved million because nobody ask for “appriciation money”

U like donation? go to patreon, go fund me but don’t force it.