New evolve remote controller R2

with a deadman switch (if you dont like it, you can turn it off)

2 separated triggers for accelerating and breaking

2.4 wireless connection

you can see the controller battery level on the screen, i think you can’t do it in the old remote

official evolve video

video from SoCal Legend Evolve USA Ambassador

4 Likes

Wow. Well the remote problem is solved.

if we can make these work with VESCs then we might actually have boosted beat once and for all…

@b264 looks too much like a gun to me. Not worth pulling out of my hoodie pockets around cops, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

i updated the first post with a new video

I hope this solves the disconnections and dropouts issues.

Cruise and Nitro modes - really?

The separate brake and acceleration triggers is an interesting idea, must try one out to see how it feels. Being able to switch off the dead man switch is a cool touch too.

i think it was a little offtopic here, so i removed the reference to unlimited controller here

Nice but the screen “glass” looks terrible! and makes screen a lot less readable.

they really do enjoy making horrible looking controllers…

2 Likes

I thought the same thing. Independent triggers for gas and brake sounds very nice.

Any idea of this remote be compatible for us DIY pepz? Compatible with our receivers?

1 Like

it might be compatible, but will they sell to us non evolve owning plebs?

1 Like

Why exact feelings, haha. This is one reason that I’m looking at colored filament for remotes also. Shape and color can’t look like a gun or someone will get shot at some point, just a matter of time.

1 Like

Lol yeah. I already wear a face mask, shades, and a helmet… so some people are going to get the wrong idea when I reach for the remote.

3 Likes

I find it looks like they put a lot of thinking and engineering in it, but separate acceleration and braking? That must be uncomfortable and silly. I even would say it is dangerous, I don’t know any controllers where the opposite direction of a motion is put on separated places.

That thing looks interesting but stupid.

I hate to say it, but I think it’s a matter of time, with how trigger happy some police in the US are.

On the remote design though, thoughts on seperate brakes and acceleration? Seems like it would feel un-natural to to most people who already ride eskates. Wounder if you can hit both throttle and brake at the same time or not.

Brakes override the throttle

1 Like

Big question here is will t work with vesc based stuff. And. If so could you still get all the telemetry correctly?

what was the problem that this solved? the trigger breaking off?

4 Likes

why? At what point would you ever want gas and brake at the same time?

i’m asking a lot of questions. Sorry if it seems like i’m calling anyone out. I don’t understand some of the reactions i’m seeing to this remote.

4 Likes