New extended DIYes 218mm Caliber II clones! (what will fit? 6374 dual and 97mm+ Wheels!)

i wonder if we should do a group buy on these, i’m definitely interested in a set.

Yeah - saw that on the Evolve GT forum from someone claiming to be a distributor for them:

@thunderstruckboard - when you get to these big soft wheels - besides the size (great for rocks/sticks/small unsupervised children) you really are paying for the soft durometer eurethane! The old electric flywheels i have are 74a! Super soft and reboundy - will be amazing over cracks and bumps and help absorb vibrations.

(and i’ll just add for the Australian distributor - yes you can make them fit “modern electric board”! hehehe)

2 Likes

offset would be perfect for 15mm pulleys surely!

1 Like

did u test these new torque trucks with the new torque clamps and mbs all terrain using 15mm pulleys, also where can i find 15mm pulles right now? @sl33py

@Titoxd10001 sells 15mm aluminum pulleys

1 Like

@Pablo_702 - no i did not. I had the older v2/v3 mounts which are modular and fit perfect.

His v4 clamps (have a set) are great/simple, but the clamp is tighter tolerance on legit caliber II’s - so with the raised seam on the “flat” section, and increased dimensions the other sides (just a mm or so) - you can buy larger clamps from @torqueboards, or file your existing.

I did not want to file the clamps since i had a working pair already, and the clamp then would be loose on legit caliber II’s.

As for 15mm and 100mm MBS wheels - should work fine. They have the same profile as 97mm flywheels (where the wheel pulley sits flush - are not deep set like the 107mm electric flywheels. So as long as you space out the wheel like i did (somewhere around 13-15mm) there should be room for dual 15mm gears.

Easy peasy!

As for where to get 15mm gears… not sure ATM. I’ll update if i find a good source.

hard to go wrong with dual 12mm setups from DIYes TBH. I’m a BIG guy and dual 12mm in a non-mountainboard setup should be ample! (always double check your teeth in mesh w/ bbman calculator and similar).

GL!

1 Like

@sl33py Just wondering if you could measure you motors, I think the SK3’s are a little bit longer, and I want to make sure they will fit :slight_smile: Thanks!

The SK3’s are definitely longer. The names they use are not accurate - so the SK3 6374 149kv i have is 86mm not 74mm! If you go to the specs tab of the motor and look at “length B (mm)” it is correct at 86mm for that motor.

I measured both of the Torque and JLabs motors i have and they are at 74/75mm - just a quick measure so i didn’t fiddle to get exact exact. So dual SK3’s likely would not work - at least with the monster e-fly 107’s. The new superfly 107’s which are not centerset and skinnier might, but i don’t have those to test or measure. It should be the same as the 97’s and i believe there was quite a bit of room even for 15mm wide gears.

HTH - GL!