New flipsky FSESC 6.6 dual PLUS

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/why-im-glad-to-have-4wd-instead-of-2wd-or-1wd-incident-occured/840

Here :grinning:

I cant acces the topic. It says i dont have permission. I suspect the link doesnt work for mobile correctly

Seems like the link got messed up.

I ride 4wd for many reasons. Redundancy is one of those reasons. I also can’t get the power and traction I need with 2wd. If I applied the same power to 2 wheels instead of 4, I would be slipping all over the place. I can still break traction on 78a soft wheels with 4wd on a full acceleration. So I do it for multiple reasons. But yea, range goes into the toilet and cost goes up. However, the latest build of mine only cost me 2k to build, and worst case, I have 20 miles or range and best case, over 50 miles. I have done over 30 miles on a single ride blasting it most of the time and I still made it with room to spare.

Dafuq, why does that link send me to an old pm with @chaka

?? :rofl::rofl:

does hummie hubs v4 at 100A break traction? i know you have some experience with them

with my build its 13s10p, so weight is already in the toilet and with a 10p i think i can get decent range

I run 120 motor, 50 battery per motor. With 2wd, you can run higher power and not break traction since you can lean more one way or another and shift your weight so you get maximum traction. On 4wd, you have to stay in the center of gravity. Too much back and the front wheels slip. Too far forwards and the back wheels slip. Obviously, easy to overcome with traction control. But I don’t like software limiting power output.

For your question, if you lean to which side has the motors, you probably won’t break traction in your case.

the hubs don’t overheat? if that’s so hummie’s hubs are damn impressive

It’s about having a more consistent constant power delivery across your entire duty cycle range (throttle). You’re not blasting 120amps into them at all times. The motors are still limited to 2500w~ max in that setup (assuming he runs 12S, 50v x 50 battery amps).

I generally run 110/45 for the same reasons.

1 Like

what i understand is that at the esc will use 110a at little duty cycle then at 100% duty cycle use 55a max?

so motor amps = low duty cycle amps max

batt amps = max duty cycle amps max

Almost. It gives a higher amperage ceiling at lower duty cycle so you can deliver more overall power at lower speeds as well as high. Too low on motor amps and your motors will be starved for power at lower duty cycle. At higher duty cycle you’ll never reach anywhere close to max amps.

Battery amps are DC while motor amps are AC, so it’s not apples to apples.

1 Like

gotcha, I don’t really need to limit my batt amps though as my 13s10p can put out 200a constant without an issue.

so im thinking of running

220/200 (cause of unity so everything is combined.)

That’s… Not really how this works either. Current is sourced by the load. Are you talking 4wd?

?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@DerelictRobot i know my 2wd setup will pull nowhere near that.

We use thick wire which results in much higher amp limits than multi strand. There’s also less interference. Down side: It is hard to wind… A lot harder, and that means more money.

When you do the math in motor wire (which has insulation), you can fit 15-25% more copper by doing the thicker wire in the hummie hub case than multistrand. The amp limits on thicker wire are exponential. Just a little thicker has a huge impact as you get thick.

3 Likes

I run this exact same setting aswell

1 Like

you have hummie hubs?

1 Like