New Flipsky Remote?

This is back listed on their website and I think i’ll pull the trigger for science. I love that remote form factor, but won’t trust it on a fast build until i’ve tested it all over my area

5 Likes

That’s awesome but the old remmote had an led screen for telemetry. Also looks like the remote uses the Bluetooth port. So that means that if I’m using this remote, I cannot use my bluetooth module right?

1 Like

Looks like these are about to ship in the next couple of days

When will i receive the VX1 if i order it now? The VX1 will be shipped out after 18/03/2019

They also have a youtube video out showing how it all works, the cruise looks interesting

1 Like

I pre ordered one for my new build, exited to see how it preforms

How would it know the board battery voltage? Du di da da dadada

I have one on pre-order I’ll update when i recive it! @Hummie i believe it gets the battery voltage from the vesc uart.

2 Likes

I don’t know electronics but would a program be possible where the vesc would get to know the battery’s voltage drop in relation to the current draw (which I imagine would be pretty regular if in ok weather) then it could pick up on an irregular decrease in voltage under a known current draw and be a sign of a problem with the likely reason being a cell or cells had been disconnected or if it was really accurate could tell if the cell had been over discharged or even maybe over charged as the pid valve goes and disconnect the cell? Probably could catch every possible fail scenario. It could havee different data for dif temp @JohnnyMeduse @Blasto

1 Like

What I’m really interested in is how to still get telemetry from the slave vesc while connected to this remote on the master vesc and both of slave and master are connected through CANBUS.

I have the same issue with the photon remote. It’s very strange that this remote connects though the tx rx port but doesn’t give telemetry.

Flipsky just posted the wireing diagram for this remote. https://flipsky.net/collections/new-accessories/products/flipsky-remote-vx1 Does anyone know what app mode you would set up the remote in as its not standard ppm input?

Looks like it uses the uart input

2 Likes

@blasto When you connect to the vesc via uart do you need to program any throttle mapping in the vesc tool? If yes under which tab is it under as the only thing under the tab uart is the buad rate.

though uart there’s no mapping, it’s directly motor commands.

1 Like

So basically just plug and play?

lol i don’t know, i guess once the baud rate is set, should be good.

i’m still wondering how their dual setup works… i guess they are not afraid of bus conflict

This is flipsky schematic for a dual setup.

1 Like

yeah i saw that, that’s very bad practice paralleling up the uart like that… reason why i was wondering if it actually works, and reliably

3 Likes

If it doesent work reliably i guess it can always used in ppm mode and master slave vesc.

Why would you need to wire to the vesc uart this way if its already running through a CANBUS connection?

That would be the way to do it

1 Like

They said they don’t use CAN. In fact they don’t use TX at all and you can completely disregard that. VESCs have to be set to UART control. The only benefit I see to using UART is the reverse feature… which I don’t care too much about. Probably going to hook it up PPM myself.

1 Like