New FOC ESC on the market?

Anyone have experience with it?

That looks really promising if it can do what it claims… slightly more amps than the VESC 4.12, a smaller footprint, and half of the price, with an on/off switch…

1 Like

Yeah, I know! Must be a dream.

hmmm… budget board possibilities… i might have to request a sample.

1 Like

Sean555! I’ve been looking everywhere for real-world information about this board (I spend a lot of time over on the Electric Skateboarding sub-Reddit and lurk a lot on this builders forum. Side note: You folks are much more civil and kind than those on the esk8 sub-Reddit).

I got a quote for about $450 shipped to Southern California for the GT-M2 and have come very close to pulling the trigger. I’ve hesitated because there’s seems to be zero information about the M2 in ‘the wild’.

PLEASE let us know how it’s working for you when you get a chance to use it a bit more. Thanks very much.

1 Like

yea I saw this one a few weeks ago too. but it didn’t look like anything special for the price and the numbers seemed a bit too magical.

I will post a video and some pics tomorrow. It is honestly a decent board for the price. They told it was a 10s3p battery but I’ll open it up tomorrow to confirm.

Here are some observations so far besides what I stated:

1. they told me the battery could be swapped out but it looks like you’d need to remove some deck screws to gain access. I’ll post pictures tomorrow
  2. Bluetooth app: will not work because they said they the 2.4 GHz receiver causes interference. I call B.S. on this, might be because of LOU 3.) Board they sent me had “Radley” hub covers instead of winboard covers. 4.) Remote: it has 2 modes fast and slow. It is a thumb throttle but if you push it all the way up or down it will sort of lock in place. I guess it’s like a cruise control, but will only let you cruise at Max. To reverse, simple press down on thumb throttle once and it’s in reverse mode. 4)Top speed: they said 35 kmh. According to Strava it reached that once in my 2 mile trip, only for a second and this is in flat pavement. They later told me being 180lbs to only expect 30kmh.
1 Like

Very much appreciate this Sean. I’m a casual, recreational rider (on mostly flat ground), so unless you find some serious red flags, I’ll probably take a flyer on this board. Look forward to further feedback and thanks again for your willingness to share.

I was on public transport and I still laughed so hard at this. Never stop your jokes Damon!

1 Like

Hey Sean555- Have you had a chance to ride your Winboard GT-M2 any more? I’d love to get your further thoughts on this board when you have a chance. If it’s behaving for you, I’ll probably pick one up.