New Hobbyking motor - 6374 sensored

questionable? LOL…

You should see what we pull out of much, much, smaller motors.

3 Likes

I think he meant that a thicker shaft would better handle the torsional stress.

glad to see you guys are on keeping tabs on what the community wants.

2 Likes

Looks promising, is length going to be a problem on 218 TB trucks? It’s very heavy which is maybe intentional.

The savings bundled with the new VESCs make a package worthwhile

OMG they have them all now!!! gotta test!!

1 Like

they’re adding more configs. hopefully a variety of different windings for the 6374’s

mounting hole pattern is a bit odd? Doesn’t look like it will be compatible with existing mounts.

my MoeBro did his up/down hill taco & tepe rides on 6mm shafts, stress fractures resulting from 10,400w tearing up/down a mountain he has up graded to 8mm. I can reference many motors that produce more power (30-50%) on a 8mm shaft… it starts ti become about the bearings… and like 8mm skate/axles trucks, not so much the diameter but the quality

5 Likes

I would prefer bigger bearings over a 10 mm shaft with smaller bearings :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe so but that’s not a deal breaker, tends to be rebuild kits for HK motors and like it was said it’s not a motor killer, it’s specced out well by engineers who’ve done the math :wink:

Looks cool.

Does anybody if wires are silicon?

oh man, I need one of these to test, looks about double the power of the orange motor…

Has anyone tested their vescs? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-sk8-esc-v4-12-for-electric-skateboard-conversion-w-bec.html?___store=en_us

2 Likes

I love their VESC, they run well and don’t randomly stop…I have like 5 of them and hundreds of miles on each…

5 Likes

Wonderful. I assume they would be compatable with VESCs from DIY? Also, have you tried running FOC on them or just BLDC

I want to lathe down the shaft of this motor from 10mm to 8mm so it fits the pulleys I can find. because I can’t find a pulley with 16-18 teeth and has a 10mm bore diameter. I have never thought of that the shaft would be to small to handle the needed torque.

I still think that an 8mm shaft is capable to handle the torque I need but am realy interested in your opinion. I don’t know a lot about it and you do so what are your thougts?

I have run mostly FOC on them, they are more robust than the version from DIY…

Looks like a rebrand of MayTech to me. Also be aware that they are not sensored FYI.

1 Like

Yes I know! thank you, I have him already at home and my board is almost finished but my motor pulley has shattered

How have so many people shattered motor pulleys? Is it on single drives?