New Hummie Hubs!

but also besides the motors there’s the vesc amp settings that will decide the motor power. you could have giant motors but if they aren’t getting amps, through high motor amp and battery amp settings, then it’s not going to do all it can do. Luke lost the race. I think Derek was on (4) 80mm motors with pulleys

2 Likes

Derek had 80mm alien power system motors with a nowinds direct drive and massive lipo battery pack on pneumatics. The course was setup for tight turns, and I brought a drag race board, lol. So I had a hard time keeping up. I beat him off the line 3 out of 3 times. But he won in the end. I was so excited to get a chance to race him again, but unfortunately, that won’t happen. When I left LA, we both agreed we were going to meet again soon and do more racing. Now, Derek is a passion of mine to ride, trying to carry on his desire for power by building th most powerful boards and motors I can. He wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

9 Likes

Look up Kepler friction drive on endless-sphere. Last time I checked it seemed to work really well and a lot of people are fans of the thing. Super simple also.

I am familiar with it. I wanted to make one of my own. But then i decided to go with an eboard instead.

And the kepler drive while small and simple does not adress any of the issues i mentioned. It’s still using friction (plus even only a small lever multiplies your hand force, so …not so great for high power) and it is just mashing that bldc on its side, loading the bell in the least favourable way.

Them hummie hubs tho …looking sick. Too bad they are so out of my budget :frowning:

It only takes one anonymous weiner to send your response bye-bye…it sucks…they should be publically tarred and feathered

1 Like

In the South we say “…Bless his/her heart.” And it allows you to straight up savage someone while remaining tactful/respectful.

1 Like

Wonder no more, it was me…why? Because it’s off topic. You trashing up someones thread who is trying to sell a specific type of product and you were espousing an entirely different type of product. This ain’t the place.

You can try, but I’m pretty hairy and mean, so not sure it would make much difference and might make for a bad day for everyone concerned :slight_smile:. I was just trying to salvage the thread.

12 Likes

Good for you, have a nice day.

9 Likes

Well see now you’ve owned your flagging…so while I may disagree with your actions, I respect you for not hiding behind your keyboard…thick skin is commendable

5 Likes

It’s all good, just trying to make a point. I’m done now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

3 Likes

@Hummie have you decided on a color for the wheels yet? Could you please tease us with a few urethane pics?

2 Likes

Wow, admin unflagged that post and you go ahead and flag it again. Lol, ok, it’s just going to get unflagged once more… Whatever…

1 Like

That’s a good question, I’m very curious about the color!

I didnt flag it again… Be careful of ‘You’.

My apologies.

the new 75 duro 75 rebound stuff is crystal clear which is nice and been just doing a dyed core and leaving it clear.

retardedly I let someone help me get parts out of the mold and poof within 10 seconds he grabbed the mold and twisted it till it broke and then he hands it to me like its done! so almost done the new mold now. I know it’s been forever but I have a bet going that wheels done this weekend and I get a beer so. that’s not the only motivator.

6 Likes

I really love the Evolve wheels that are clear but kinda smokey charcoal clear… You know?

doable. I can do whatever really cause I’m so small. let me get things going out this weekend and i’ll do that smokey black. there’s also glow in the dark but think it would make for a worse tire with worse qualitites.

but any color or any other anything I’ll do and always looking for something that would be cool

3 Likes

I know we’re talkin about 83mm front and rear, since this thread is so humongo can we get an itemised list of what comes on the package? Afaik

83mm motor hubs + hanger 83mm front wheels

My understanding is that the hanger is compatible with a Paris baseplate. Does this give the only real option of using Paris trucks or for instance would it be possible to use Ronins/Surfrodz?

1 Like