New Hummie Hubs!

I’ll keep an eye out if he posts an update about that display. anyway, do you think you’ll be shipping this month still?

Dude the snow is clearing out here in Canadia Land I need those motors :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be starting to ship motors this weekend and as soon as these magnets arrive and I get these wheels done I can ship all of them. making the motors is no longer problematic and it’s just getting these wheels done

12 Likes

can’t wait!!! :slight_smile:

So pumped to hear this good news…

Man I have a brand new vacuum pump under my table here, if I could teleport it I would

1 Like

What sort of problem are you having with the vacuum pump? I don’t know if the problem is because of the oil or not but you are supposed to change the oil very frequently since they absorb the vapours and break down or something like that.

i’ll convince evohyax or my gf to drive the longer distance to get one today or tomorrow. Hes probably riding around now. But it works and @evoheyax has the only motors with half decent wheels as we get this rubber molding happening. Any of you want to swing over and see what happens after 2pm every weekday and the weekends you can get involved! the little luke told me was they are good from a standstill without sensors and rubber is cush. Have to see if it’s as durable as it states on the data sheet. I pretty much just look at the tensile strength and its better than the past 80duro stuff which was pretty durable other than the core. .

if you have advice on variables on the vesc tool worth adjusting that could possibly optimize anything please tell us. These motors have low kv and need less switching speed with the pwm is one thing I heard. Also in the past high “motor amp” settings showed to be a great improvement in low speed torque and smoothness from standstill. you’ve heard that last one before probably.

the pump…it chugs over for 2 seconds and off. this is the second pump of the same model off amazon that sucks. I talked to them on the phone and they recommended sending it back and not trying to fix it. they seemed to know what was up immediately. oil in these things last a long time and doesn’t get dirty for a while. If you know a nice pump that will do a strong and fast evacuation that is QUIET please tell me. I do these at home so the quieter the longer I can stay up at night doing this. this crappy kozyvac 12whatevers pump is too loud and so have been the older pumps Ive owned.

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

36 Likes

Woohoo, they’re alive! That’s 4wd, right? Looks smooth and sounds like a jet engine with a silencer on it. :rocket:

2 Likes

I don’t call it the rocket for no reason…

34 Likes

white thane looks so awesome. really want to go 4wd now. i planned on using the spud, might have to use a different deck to accommodate the larger battery hahaa

Beautiful, and the deck doesn’t look thick at all

Is this running BLDC?

1 Like

No, Foc actually. Need to tweak settings some more still.

2 Likes

Olinboards has been one upped👍 nice work fellas

I said because of the sound, I remember Hummie saying that you guys lowered the switching frequency? If yes than that’s what making the sound, try with 30KHz, it will eliminate almost all electrical/magnetic related noise

2 Likes

''Tis quiet anyway

Thanks for the advice. Will try tomorrow. Had to make a day trip a tahoe today.Car’s been n the shop so I missed most of the season. Li-ion though always disappoints. This is my third try with a li-ion battery, and it’s always the same under powered feeling. With lipos, theres always a big jump feeling, but it’s so gradual with li-ion. Running firmware 2.54 with watt control mode 4wd. I will setup another 4 in the near future with a lipo board to compare with. But efficiency is crazy. Did 15 blocks up hill and only went from 4.2 per cell to 4.1. That’s crazy when you consider that 4.2 to 3.8 only has at best 10% of power, there’s usually a quick jump to 3.8 (at least in the past). granted, I’m using a 12s4p, but it’s still seems like way better efficiency then the v3’s, likely due to halving the resistance.

6 Likes

7 more motors pressed yesterday. Magnets should be arrving any day now. And more wheels are coming soon.

Got tired of the cheap Chinese pumps breaking. So hopefully this guy lasts. Costs a small fortune but a good investment indeed.

26 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3: for your new pump then