New Idlers for Janux Dual Motor Mount

Previously POM Idler housing is now available in aluminum T6 6511. Idlers are cnc machined from solid round of T6 aluminum. Housing diameter is 0.750” or ~19mm x ~17mm. Complete idler assembly includes integrated 688ZZ bearing with heavy duty 8mm shoulder bolt and locknut. Price is $15 each. Also available on Janux-esk8.com

For members who purchased my “Janux Dual Motor with Xbars”, aluminum housing is available for $10 each.

file2-1

file-2

file1-1

file-3

file1-2

file2-2

12 Likes

Great addition, the POMs crushed under heavy breaking force, I can’t imagine that’s possible with these

1 Like

@marcmt88, any chance your new Idlers will work on your first (and still the only) custom built 219mm double idler all bumpered mounts?

IMG_20190118_012439

The bolt size for these new ones are M6. I believe the older ones are M3. Might not work unless with some modification

2 Likes

Great news, ive chewed through 3 idlers so its good to have these if any others go :slight_smile: the only improvement i can think of would be using 2 bearings instead of 1

2 Likes

Hey Alberto, Original dual bearing idler used M4 bolt with ~4mm slot as opposed to ~6mm slot for the new idler. New idler uses M8 shoulder bolt, it does not fit into your current idler slot. :slightly_frowning_face:

Btw, your mount is still one of a kind :grinning: quite massive and :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I did make a few with dual bearings. Since idler is not under heavy load, it would be over-killed to have 2 bearings.

2 Likes

Hi Marc, this may not be 100% relevant to this thread but is there a way for me to order 2 of your caliber II drive system kit but with crossbars? Right now the only way to do that is to order everything separately and that would make it so im paying like 100 dollars extra for the crossbars.

That particular motor mount https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/caliber-drive-system-kit does not support x-bars.

This one does https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-dual-motor-mount-with-stabilizing-crossbars-black-anodized-finish

2 Likes

file1-1%20(1)

file-3%20(1)

4 Likes

Wait a minute… I know this dudes stuff… He has a DKP mount that holds somewhere besides Evolves one that is built in??

1 Like

IMG_20190215_160031

IMG_20190317_143905

2 Likes