NEW IMPROVED: FOCBOX | Official Thread

The VESC-X files? Yeah someone on here emailed them to me and I have them. PM your email and I can send them. Haha the Enertion support person never got back to me

Would you mind positing publicly. Canā€™t download them from website?

@lox897 I have been searching these files online for a time now, if you still have them, could you send it to me? I will ask you for PM you when I can (this account is rly young :joy: ) if you dont mind

Iā€™ll PM you

@lox897, could you also PM me? I would also really like to have a copy of the VESC-X design files. Thanks so much.

@onloop Why the new design with 14awg wires?

14AWG is actually plentyā€¦ we are running 80a motor currents with thisā€¦ having thicker wire than a bundle of phase wires doesnā€™t help performance.

isnĀ“t 14 AWG only rated for 60A max continous? Why underbuild and risking to lose power due to too much resistance and heat? 14 AWG is of course cheaper :smiley:

1 Like

@onloop can you please fix the VESC-X files on your store?

Iā€™m going to upload them to media fire because Iā€™ve had 10 people ask me today and itā€™s kinda hard to remember them all. Everyone who wanted it please reply to this comment and I will tag you once I have them uploaded.

@Kaly @miguelop24 @Surfer @Alanhunt123 @marcdecator @themegak @The_Dude @Martinsp @DavidBanner @JohnnyMeduse @Mobutusan @Ronny_CTS

2 Likes

Hi, I would love to have that files if they provide info about repair it. Thanks in advance!!!

It seems that at this amperage the wire would be dissipating around 2.5 watts of heat which will really heat up your wire. What do you mean by bundle of phase wires and how does that change things? 12awg wires would half the heat output and keep everyhting cooler.

Feel free to swap the wiresā€¦

Or alternatively if ever the 14awg melts/combusts send us an email weā€™ll send you some 12awg for free.

Also, please be sure to send a video showing your esk8 motors pulling 60a cont current through phase wires when riding.

We only run 30a battery current into each FOCBOX in the Raptor 2 and it is destroying everything on the street at the momentā€¦

Will swapping the wires void the warranty?

Also I see you point for dual motor boards, but for single motor boards you can easily pull that current somewhat continuously.

Hi Lox! Iā€™d love to have the files as well.

Thanks!

A single should actually pull less with a belt drive system mine pulls 3-5a cont including hills

1 Like

The motor curent isnā€™t continiousā€¦ it is alternative Currentā€¦ in simple term, the job of a esc is to convert dc into acā€¦ so 14awg is more than enough :thinking:

3 Likes

hello, please hook me up. Would love to have.

1 Like

Me too! 10chars

1 Like

I thought these motors are still running on dc current, the three wires is just to control the phases. Does a square wave count as ac?

Sorry Iā€™ve been a little vague about itā€¦ Yes BLDC motor are DC motor, but each phase work by commutation. So you actually donā€™t have a full dc current running trough each phase for long period of time.

Explication is better on wikipedia.

ā€œBrushless DC electric motor (BLDC motors, BL motors) also known as electronically commutated motors (ECMs, EC motors) are synchronous motors powered by DC electricity via an inverter/switching power supply which produces an AC/bi-directional electric current to drive each phase of the motor via a closed loop controller. The controller provides pulses of current to the motor windings that control the speed and torque of the motor.ā€

The switching power supply in our case is the ESC

1 Like