New Kid (Old dude) on the Tarmac: Nextboards NGV

Nextboards NGV:

"It’s been exactly two years since Nextboards and Mischo Erban set the Guinness World Record for the fastest electric board on flat ground with a speed of 96 km/h.

And after all this time the wait is finally over for every speed-freak out there. Pre-orders start on November 14th, there will only be a limited amount of Nextboards for this first batch so get yours while they last! Special pre-order price will be around $2700 (depending on shipping, an accurate price will be known when the new website launches). Delivery expected in Q1 2018."

All further details will be posted on this page… :point_down:

https://www.facebook.com/NXTBRD/

3 Likes

Nextboards NGV:

“The Nextboard features a bespoke full carbon fiber deck, weighing in at just 813 grams, improving the strength of the board while protecting all electric components from the elements, maintaining a purposeful and sleek design. Preorder yours in October!”

Nextboards NGV:

“We fitted the Nextboard with as big of a battery compartment as allowed by the size of the deck to ensure the board would fit the rider’s needs, having the option to adapt to high-speed or high-range applications.”

2 Likes

not really news bro, seems like there is a NGV thread every week…

Powa-also making big claims: “Behold…the fastest and most powerful electric skateboard on Planet Earth!”

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1897661_10152578965935876_5420563965037668574_n.jpg?oh=b701261383affb80a611af3c5b34edeb&oe=5A7280C2

https://www.dapowa.com/3-featured

2 Likes

Well, the world record is just a side note. I only care about the board which I think is neat. Little different from others. Time will tell how well it goes. For now is pricey. On the other hand, they are getting away without the crowd funding bull and selling a few boards straight with pre-orders just now at the end of October. Deliveries 1st quarter 2018. Your bet Cobber

1 Like

You don’t see Powa’s racing team supporting those claims, whilst NGV attempt was well documented…

https://youtu.be/XptB3rC7EZs Setting the world speed record (95.83 km/h) at Portorož airport, Slovenia.

1 Like

yeah, it’s cool the first time you see it, I’m just saying it’s not really news

not much diff. from this thread:

or this one: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/interested-in-high-speed-electric-skateboard-tech/34728/

or…

on the otherhand a search for POWA though yields “0” so it adds new content to the forum rather than duplicate topics

1 Like

I explored their site the other day. They developed different truck configurations. A super modern concept…but also pricey. My concern with Powa’s truck is the way it holds the deck which seems too fragile and brittle for most people’s weight.

1 Like

NGV kind of look a bit like a one trick pony though. NGV is geared so high you have to kick it to certain speed before it will start. I assume it cogs like hell because of the wind-your-own scorpion motors they most likely have used are heli motors (12N 10P) designed for rotor speed & power/weight, and do not make as much torque (7%) as the average rc plane (or scorpion) motor in 12N 14P config. optimized for torque/ efficiency… (this is just jargon though from the scorpion site)

yeah I wouldn’t buy one Especially for Downhill

1 Like

…looks like a delicate Ferrari: expensive, luxurious and easy to break.

Looks like an interesting board to say the least. Really like the lights. Been trying to integrate lights like that for a while, it’s not easy.

I’m curious as to how hot the motors will get. They look around the same size of hummies old motors, which for lighter riders (130 ish lb), in 4wd, will not have over heating issues. But for 200 lb ish guys like me, or even heavier guys, I can’t imagine heat won’t be an issue, especially if they are making the kv so high for high speeds.

2 Likes

My ngv board is finally done and it will be to me either Saturday or Monday, it goes that fast because they use different batteries than most they use 2 22.2v Lipo batteries in their set, and most people want to stay away from lipos due to their “nature” my YouTube will be up soon so stay tuned for updates!

1 Like

It’s meant for people less than 176 pounds (80kg) to reach the maximum top speed

1 Like

Plenty of people run 12S

2 Likes

It’s multiple things that make it go that speed almost every aspect of the board is heavily modified especially their insane esc

1 Like

high KV hub motors and heavily modified airplane ESCs running custom firmware coupled with high output lipoly packs. That’s basically the secret sauce here.

Also, making it look like a kaiju weapon makes it even faster.

10 Likes

What’s so crazy about their esc?

What they are really doing is they wind their motors to 150 (plus or minus a bit) kv. I’m sure the focbox blows their esc out of the water.

Whats the real point of a board like this? I don’t understand why people seem to associate high speed with high power. There’s not a lot of correlation. High speed will result in less efficiency and less torque.

It’s the kind of board that’s cool in certain places and the track, but not really practical most of the time.

2 Likes

They’re souped up Flyers with custom home-grown firmware. Some of the components have been replaced, or so it appears, and they’ve been mated with a custom CNCed heat sink that mounts to the truck base in order to better disseminate heat throughout the truck. Thought i mentioned that. Not a lot of people doing that kind of shit anymore now that we have standardized VESC based ESCs literally everywhere and fucking china shoveling shit out the door.

Also i’m pretty sure those motors were wound to target 190kv, but i can check on that.

You are correct in that this is a limited application board. I don’t think they’re trying to build commuters now. I think they’re trying to use everything they find out by going as fast as possible to build a better general purpose board later. That’s only my guess. Its not a bad plan. Its not dissimilar from my own.

2 Likes

Oh my god now it has a giant handle too i am loving this. Where is the scabbard so he can walk around sheathed and whip this bitch out .

3 Likes

That Handle looks great on the board. What do people say when they see that there reactions most be priceless.:joy: What made you want to even put that handle on it.

1 Like

All of my boards are swords it’s kinda my thing lol

2 Likes