New Kid (Old dude) on the Tarmac: Nextboards NGV

i build to spec. I do the best i can with what’s possible in my shop and often a lot of cool shit is possible, so we end up with things like this.

1 Like

look at this tool kit…now i need this board /s

2 Likes

My philosophy is to ride my boards as hard as possible in the hilliest environment. If you can survive that, it can survive almost any thing. Speed will only be good for making sure their cores and wheels are good.

I don’t know how these esc’s will perform, but I can’t imagine it can do the same amps as a focbox or vesc 6. And with hub motors, lower resistance in the wind (to lower the amount of amps you need for the same torque) is important. Since we can only lower the resistance so much, at some point, we just need to be able to run higher amps to get the power we’re after.

If I gave you 4x hummie v4 motors wound to 150 kv and 107mm, with 4x focbox’s, you could do 60 + mph with more power than this board, for less than $1500 + $500 for a 120a con battery with a smart bms, so basically 2k (instead of $2700), and you can run 480 motor amps (like I do) and have insane power and speed (instead of just insane speed).

At the end of the day, they are trying to working with rc plane esc’s, and probably general bms’s. Your paying way more, for lower tech. The best electronics in my mind are the ones custom made for electric skateboards.

It’s like me taking 2 motorcycles, and saying hey, I have 4 wheels now, lets make a car… I can make it work, but how will you ever get it to work as well without some hacky stuff that’s questionable in the side effects it will have in the long run.

5 Likes

You into Anime or something like that?:slight_smile:

1 Like

That is one great board wish I could be as creative as you.

1 Like

Where’s the custom board sheath/carry bag?

1 Like

That’s where I come in lol

2 Likes

With lipo too! Long before NGV… :scream:

1 Like

he made it but I drew it :wink:

1 Like

teleports behind you Heh nothing personal kid…

2 Likes

Hah thats great.

1 Like