New raptor 2.1 axle with integrated copper heat pipe

Tbh I feel like that warning is most often read as “Warning the high likelihood of USER error may cause serious injury or whatever.” Not “warning our axles May snap on you for no reason and send you flying to your death.” I know it’s likely that these axles will be fine and everyone gives you a hard time, but idk how comfortable I’d be buying a board from a company who responds to safety concerns by saying well we said on the box it’s dangerous. Just my 2¢

4 Likes

Axle in the video is not at all what will be in the final “integrated axle”

The axle doesnt have a notch in the side and it will be 15mm square. With a (circular) heat pipe less then half the width. The vast majority of axles strength comes from the extremities of the axle. There is not a significant difference (for our purpose) in strength between a solid 15mm and a slightly hallow 15mm axle.

I predict 0% failure rate. The reason we made this change is to eliminate the axle breakage completely as well as to better the heat transfer from the motor core to the hanger.

9 Likes

I would have just done it and not told anyone.

1 Like

We are a very transparent company. If we didn’t tell people, then people would keep asking us what our solution is to heat and axle weakness.

4 Likes

thats not necessary at all. No bashing be objective in the spirit of the forum please.

3 Likes

Guess I can’t joke about the warranty…

:confused:

Interesting to see y’all switching to 15mm axles though. Changes are usually nice.

1 Like

About what it’s worth…

12 Likes

I can trust that you guys are doing your best to prevent future axle failures. If you’re confident that these won’t have failures well then that’s great, I just don’t know how confident potential customers can be in a new design that no one has seen afaik

1 Like

From first glance, it looks sketchy. But when you hear the details then it makes sense. If @onloop makes a claim and then gives evidence supporting his claim, I beleive him.

1 Like

Thank you. We don’t like to keep any concerns about our products unaddressed. ESPECIALLY safety related concerns. We got to work as soon as our first reported axle breakage occurred. It’s takes time to stop a train

5 Likes

That is the problem right there.

2 Likes

They just announced it, like mins ago, lol patience.

5 Likes

Look up :arrow_up:

1 Like

Edited. Not trying to bash, just didn’t appreciate how he responded to a reasonable concern with, well we told you it’s dangerous

To tag along, people are putting their money and bodies on the line. If you believe in your product, as many others do, that’s great, but try not to dismiss concerns as people being “…never satisfied.”

Love y’all but PR seems to always be a struggle.

just did doesn’t change the fact though. I’m all for innovation but is everyone else? Square axle 15mm thick with a hollow core. Hopefully it is the cure to heat dissipation that hubs need.

2 Likes

Hahaha probably true, just trying to be an Involved member of my community :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Smart. The structure is almost not compromised. Hope the heat dissipation is as they hoped for.

Dani

1 Like

What about motor over heating, loose hardware, cogging when warmed up, motors locking up at 30mph, ect…? I’m on my second raptor 2 and still waiting for parts. I ordered in 2016 and still have a broken board since I received it. What’s a warranty when you don’t have the parts to honor it???

I have all the video, telemetry, ect… Since I’ve run these motors/board if you want me to post it here. It sucks that you still promote when you don’t even honor the warranty dude. Or am I wrong? Still waiting and it’s been years.

have no doubt about the thicker axle will prevent it from snapping but I’m not sure if adding heat pipe to move heat to the truck would help that much. there’s only so much heat you can remove through the truck’s fins so I believe the best hope is to make the motor to be more efficient.

that saying, everything said here is speculation so you guys have to prove what you can achieve.

1 Like