New Raptor 2 Remote

No worries, i see what you mean now after you have edited it,

I will try this and get back to you. Much appreciated man.

1 Like

Do you have a raptor man? how different is it after you flashed?

No you have to calibrate Everytime you connect the nano x @b264 or else it will be very jerky, @Eskate444 when your remote first connects, full throttle and full break and your remote will be calibrated, do this with your board up

1 Like

as @AlanZhou said you definitely need calibrate the nano-x every time it’s turned on before turning on the board.

I forgot a few times and the board started rolling off without me on it.

2 Likes

@DavidBanner well I just learned something, I thought the board had to be on to do calibration :joy:

definitely calibrate the nano-x before turning your board :slight_smile:

this is from enertion’s instructions: This process is simple, but needs to be done before each time you ride.

If you’ve ever experienced the throttle control on the Nano-X being too sensitive, or your wheels are spinning with no input from the remote, forgetting this step is most likely the reason why.

1. Turn on the Nano-X

2. Push throttle full-forward, full back then leave center

3. Turn on the skateboard

4. Wait for green light on Nano-X to become solid (indicates connection)

5. Check Acc/Brake function before riding

That’s it, you’re done! Now get out there and RIDE!

1 Like

I have managed to connect via TCP mate, but i got this error message:

Untitled

I am scared to mess up my original settings from enertion… since i dont have warranty i wont be able to get help from them if i change the wrong settings

Is there any way to backup my settings?

If you don’t know what your doing don’t mess with vesc settings, because that’s not the issue

This is what im afraid of

"I am scared to mess up my original settings from enertion… since i dont have warranty i wont be able to get help from them if i change the wrong settings

Is there any way to backup my settings?"

No, except for a screenshot

Just calibrate your remote that’ll fix the sensitivity

I have calibrated it mate, trust me i do that everytime i start the remote.

People on here are saying newer versions of VESC firmware are better so i am interested in flashing to newer ones

1 Like

Then it’s you.

You can’t handle the torque, you don’t have the skill yet, rspec is no problem for me and I have to crank up the settings to 80a for it to feel fun to me

1 Like

That might be the problem, i admit to being new to skating in general.

Are you using the nano x still? Have you changed decks?

1 Like

No I run the raptor hubs on 12s and even tried the nano x for a bit

@Eskate444 keep at it man, you will get used to the board a lot quicker than you think. But at the same time it’s good you are nervous and treating the Raptor 2 with respect , take it slow, enjoy the process and don’t push yourself too far out of your current comfort level and you should be golden and avoid injury.

1 Like

yes i was talking about the nano-x

1 Like

man that is correct, no error there. I also mentioned 3 times. you will get the message that your firmware is too old and you have to flash the new one. Did you watch the video ? Just watch it once and if you think it is to difficult then don’t do it.

It’s true that you have to get use to the board, but I have used 5 remotes so far and nano-x is reliable but it’s true that has short range of motion. I find myself better by adjusting the throttle curve. As I said up to you.

Anyhow you can save your setting is not true that you can only take screenshot. Anyhow there isn’t too much to save. As I mentioned motor max, motor min, battery max and battery min. To me if you know whihc battery you have and Raptor I believe is a 10s4p 30Q battery then the setting can be

each VECS

• Motor max 60A
  • Motor min -60A (guessing, not sure about the Raptor motor, but I guess this one are feasible)
  • Battery max 40A
  • Battery min -8A

Start from here and adjust while riding.

EDIT: One thing I gave for sure since it is not under warranty anymore. When did you get your Raptor and how long have you been skating an eboard?

2 Likes