New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

I’ll have a look tonight. Thank you.

Ack 3.102 compatibility added !

1 Like

Hey mate, I just downloaded your app and I can’t seem to connect, well I can connect according to the app but at the bottom it gets stuck on “getting version”. I think it did connect once but now it won’t, is the something I’m doing that’s completely wrong? I am running 3.100 ack firmware

Edit: sorry for the repost didn’t see the same question just above

Check that you enabled PPM + UART (or whatever + UART) in app tab. Check also that the baudrate in UART tab is the same as your module (9600 by default) If it still doesn’t work, check your Tx/Rx wiring.

Yep, I’ve tried all of that. I even tried swapping rx and tx. Still a no go, I read something about using a different baud rate, could that fix it

9600 is a “safe” baudrate. Did you reboot the VESC ? (sorry for the dumb question…)

As in turn off and on? Yeah a couple times

Running out of ideas, sorry. :confused:

Hi pat.

You have to check the baudrate of your BT Module is the same as the baudrate of your VESC. If they are not equal, they can’t speek together. Dependings on the BT Module you are using, the default baudrate can be different than 9600.

How would I go about checking it? I’ve not done this before

APP Settings -> UART -> Baudrate

Won’t that tell me the vescs baud rate though? I need to know the baud rate of the bt module

Try 9600, the default one. If it doesn’t work, you’ll need to hook an Arduino up and throw few AT commands.

Yeah that’s what it’s set to now, I’m wondering if maybe I got a dodgy module, it is a clone but it should still work shouldn’t it?

If you can reach Getting version, that means that you can connect it through BLE but the module is not aboe to communicate with VESC.

It can’t be an app problem either I guess because I have tried it on another app, “esk8matics(?)” and has a similar problem with it not getting any stats. @DAddYE, did you manage to get yours working?

Yes, I bought a new module and everything works as expected finally

Looks like that’s my only option then

FYI this OctagonStar Bluetooth 4.0 Uart Transceiver Module CC2541 Central Switching compatible HM-10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7V28E3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_o1djBbSR95A6T is what I’m using now

1 Like

Oooh, it even ships to Aus. Thanks mate