New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

@hquinones72 I added support to 3.56 and 3.57. Should work now

Yes I know :pensive:. VDLA is a tool handled by @DeathCookies, and there is a discussion on the future of this project here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-data-log-analyzer-vdla/16582/49 I’ve proposed several time my help to improve the VDLA project but no positive answer until now.

On my side, I’ve plan to open source the iOS eSkate VESC app this summer, to let motivated people improve the app.

2 Likes

added support for 3.58 too

Great work Emanual! I’m trying to stay with iOS for my phone rather than Android but need an accurate battery meter / state of charge monitor for my ebike. Any prospect of improving your app to use coulomb counting in the battery percentage calculation (or even better, a voltage + coulomb counter algorithm like that used in this project: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/davega-battery-monitor-odometer-speedometer/71509)? Would be popular for other ebikers too when they start using the high voltage VESCs coming out.

I’m not thinking in enhancing coulomb counter. But trying to make the app open source.

@defyent I’ve just fixed the config bug, where max motor voltage where not correct with latest Vedder vesc versions. You will need to remove and install again the app from your iPhone to correct this bug. Enjoy

first of all, you built a very great APP!! i was searching so long for an VESC APP on IOS and it´s working very well! except yesterday i wanted to upgrade my FSESC 6.6 to the 3.62 version and your app didn´t recognize my ESC anymore. So i downgraded to 3.58 and all worked fine again .

so would be very nice if you could fix the new version too.

Hi @w31x , I’ve added it yesterday night. Can you try it ? Should work

1 Like

Yesss! it´s working, thanks a lot!

Call me retarded but how do I send data to the my email address?

@emmaanuel in your first post you are showing this amazing picture where all values are in one diagram and also in connection with the GPS data. ( esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/original/3X/6/f/6f0d60ec6507606c8e2e187bfbfd7884a6aa43c3.png )

What program did you use to get exactly this information? would be very cool for the analysis after a trip.

Hi w31x, yes I was using VDLA from @DeathCookies. Unfortunately this tools is offline from several month. If you know a similar tool , I will be happy to integrate it in the app.

hm, that are bad news. It’s really a pity that the project was canceled :frowning: i know only the new realtime logging from the vesc tool which is also very impressive. But for data logging you need a android device with installed vesc tool. Maybe I am wrong but I don´t find the max hold values for speed and amps. And in conclusion for me it´s a very confusing program for riding.

I hope we soon will find a way for this … will fore sure boost your eskate App a lot !! :wink:

Is there a solution yet? Loved this app, but can’t see the recorded data any more, won’t open the website from the email?

@emmaanuel

Hi, yes I think I’ll enjoy the Christmas holidays to work on this point.

2 Likes

Hi @370HSSV, @w31x
I’ve corrected the data vizualisation.There is a beta available right now (v.2.4) for the people already in the beta program. If you’re not, you can send me your email by private message. Thanks.

1 Like

support added to VESC FW 3.63, 3.64 et 3.65

1 Like

Hi - I’ve been using this app for datalogging static motor projects and it works great - but now I’m not able to recieve any emails from the app. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, The app use the default iOS mail app of your iPhone. Be sure you have setup the iOS mail app to send email.

@Desmo did you try the actual beta ?