NEW: VESC PLATINUM - 1yr Replacement Warranty inc

Well I was saying that because what you wrote was wrong…

The upgrade should not be $54 usd imo. People who paid $99 for the VESC will now be paying the same as everyone else if they buy the tack on upgrade.

1 Like

It was a mix up in currencies. That was all, what onloop said is what I was trying to say.

Actually they save $6

No worries, sorry for jumping on you like that.

1 Like

But why even bother with the added warranty when you got the VESC so cheap anyway? It is not like you will definitely need it (or otherwise @onloop would have made a huge mistake by offering said warranty in the first place)

To me it seems like it’s all @chaka’s fault . Just kidding of course. :slight_smile: He set the bar high and so now we have vesc’s for around 160$ . But it is worth to pay more for quality components, then buy some Chinese crap.

1 Like

When/if Enertion gets his EU warehouse set up he needs to provide 2 years of warranty by law… Just saying.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the price at all, just wish early supporters had more of a break, though it’s a minor gripe. I wonder if this also means the enertion 300 day warranty no longer applies to the VESC. Or was that warranty only for mechanical parts.

1 Like

Well that type of warranty is something else completely. If something breaks you have to provide evidence that the fault was there from the moment you bought it and not due to misuse, wrong handling etc. - this applies after 6 months of ownership (“reversal of the burden of proof”). This can in no way be compared to the “no questions asked” type of warranty he is giving out right now.

This is great, but this now comes out to be more expensive than chaka’s, plus shipping is cheaper on chaka’s since he’s based in the US. Plus chaka doesn’t limit his warranty to 1 year. And the quality is yet to be known, since the masses haven’t started using them yet (which can’t be said about chaka’s). So I don’t feel incentivized.

Other issue is, vedder is almost done with v5, which will have some improvements I much need.

Bravo though for stepping up with the warranty option. Much needed option IMO.

2 Likes

cool now i can basically buy insurance for something i ordered in march and still haven´t gotten yet.

2 Likes

First of all, I can’t seem to find anywhere where Enertion promise a no questions ask type of warranty. If so taht would be great. Secondly in the European Union you by law have 2 years of warranty that provide you with full warranty. If the product gets defect within the first 6 months you just have to show the seller that the product is defect. After six months you have to prove that the product was already defect when you bought it. A defect also means that the product is made in poor quality that cannot withstand normal use.

I therefore do not see much difference between this new type of warranty promised by Enertion versus the EU law.

I would indeed just buy from @chaka instead. He seems to be an honest guy with some good quality products who’s made his business because of his love and passion for the hobby and not for the money (like somebody else on this forum).

Edit: for more info see this link:

Another thing to add about the warranty. Australian consumer law states something along the Iines that the seller has to offer 1 year of warranty/returns if the item is faulty or becomes faulty from normal use.

1 Like

I think the point of this new warranty is that even if you screw up the VESC, it’ll get replaced, whereas before if the VESC died from something you did you were done.

2 Likes

Am I correct in assuming if you set up the vesc correctly or use the default settings with enertions motor and never touch it, and it breaks not die to user error, wouldnt it be replaced anyway?

For fucks sake! He’s offering a paid warranty for replacement within a year. Ever shopped at an electronics store? It’s a service deal- that’s it. If you don’t want it, you don’t have to buy it. Don’t want to pay extra for the shitty dinner salad? Don’t! You will still get your meal.

2 Likes

WARRANTY EXPLAINED

VESC $129

• Free Shipping
  • Made in USA
  • 60 Days Back to base warranty (Send to Australia)
  • Within first 60 days you need to apply for an RA.
  • Provide video & photographic evidence that the product has failed due to manufacturing faults.
  • Once RA is approved, Ship it back to us, at your expense.
  • We will test it to confirm your claim.
  • If it has failed due to manufacturing faults you get a new one.

VESC $159

• Free shipping
  • Made in USA
  • 365 Days Replacement Warranty
  • Say “VESC has stopped working”
  • Prove that is doesn’t work, Video or Photo of the fault/error
  • We send you a brand new one
3 Likes

Is bulk pricing available for 2 as before ?

TBH, that looks like a lot of buildings.

Doesn’t really matter, we get that there is a factory.