New Vesc7 75V 300A single motor ESC 😎

why 3 battery inputs and 3 output wires per phase? is it to keep the cables more flexible while limiting the current per cable/connector?

Typo, 75V 300A. I will Change that today.

Three cables allows us to use thin and flexible cable. If we would push 300A through one cable and one connector, things would get bulky.

1 Like

Hhhhmmmm may Sewell build another quad with these bad boys…

While at it, maybe someone could also change the title of the topic!

Done. 10 ch

Yes Frank confirmed that, to keep the widly used, small connectors and for a more flexible cable overall.

Who will make the 1st dual with this VESC :rofl: ?!

It is on there website since a while, we also see Jenso getting some more affordable 16s 200A vesc, where a dual is cheaper than a single.

And just find that :

Edit : sorry a bit offtopic maybe :sweat:

2 Likes

waiting for @Kug3lis to pop up with his new 300v setup :wink:

1 Like

75V, about 17S lol where do you put your 17S1P config ?!

1 Like

yeah, more power for bigger application.

But I would like a Secretly BadAss E-Vespa conversion and restoration, to madly cruising around … :yum:

8 Likes

I like how you see things :grin:

1 Like

That is my dream VESC, lol. I think the guys who made the A200S are developing an even more powerful one that’s supposed to be cheaper. I’ll be keeping an eye out for those!

1 Like

I suppose once you start going up in power you can use more commercially available components and it might drive the price down?

No, you can’t. It would be great if it was like that but reality is unfortunately different. Development cost of such an ESC is way bigger. The logic stage is more complex and more expensive, more assembly costs, a lot more FETs, lower volume in production, bigger casing, bigger PCBs with more copper in them, more capacitors, cables and connectors. It all ads up and works out expensive.

Frank

I was commenting on the arc one and why they might have been able to reduce the cost. To be fair they started pretty high. I doubt you could get this small profile any less expensive.

1 Like

Is it for that hybrid trampa 3 wheels thing, that have been floating around on the internet ?

For a single motor only. This is a very beefy VESC delivering true 350A peak. If we would have used single pair cables you can imagine how thick and stiff they would have been. The thinner wires are easy to bend and consume less space.

1 Like

time to convert my Smart Roadster.

1 Like

I want all of them

Special offer for the first 100 Units: 500GBP excl.VAT Red PCB with golden VESC LOGO.

Happy Thursday!

2 Likes