New Years Day taste test

@DaviDjembe and @mccloed stopped by today to hang out and do some light hearted comparisons of a few boards. Got to finally ride a Rapter v1. Have to say it rides pretty nice. The acceleration and braking were spot on which made for a fun test ride. My only criticisms would be it’s really noisy and it’s way too tall. Especially for such a sleek deck design.

22 Likes

Awesome

Happy New Years boys! :metal:t2::facepunch:t2::call_me_hand:t2::vulcan_salute:t2::+1:t2:

I wish I could hit the :heart: A million times

Warms my heart to see a an esk8 crew

3 Likes

Yeah! @DaviDjembe brought the evolve and enertion. It was his first time over and he’s super cool. Really stoked to meet a new South OC rider. Once we get Joe Choi, and @willpark16 out for a ride it’s going to be awesome!

3 Likes

Is the Raptor V2 displayed in the images above? Can only see a Raptor V1, Evolve GT and some DIY’s???

1 Like

My bad. I wrote that by mistake. It’s a V1

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to hear more about how you experienced the different boards! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, as much as I hate to say it, I agree with @psychotiller regarding the Raptor. It surprised me. The tune on the VESC’s are perfect. One complaint I had is the deck makes for a bone jarring ride and is is too tall for my liking. The Evolve GT is pretty solid too. Again, too high for my liking. I’d like to try it with the Psychohubs. It would probably sit slightly lower. Unfortunately, I have never ridden the gen 1 or gen 2 Evolve. I also would like to compair the hill climbing ability to my own build. I have already tackled a 25% (measured with Measures 2 app on iPhone) dirt slope with that one. :grin:

1 Like

This is an ongoing evaluation as we are likely going to all be meeting up regularly. @DaviDjembe had some nice things to say about @mccloed 's board as well as Greanie meanie which seems to be the contender for having the most grunt.

2 Likes

@psychotiller @mccloed Hey guys! Having good things to say about your boards is an understatement! I loved everything I saw over at Dave’s workshop and I can’t wait to collaborate on a build with him and Matt. Solid guys with years of DIY expertise :sunglasses: stoked to have met you both!

@psychotiller might be cruising over to do some smooth asphalt parking lot test runs this afternoon. Looking forward to it :grin:

1 Like

@psychotiller where are you guys located?

We are in Southern California. Are you up north now?

Yea, sunset district of San Francisco :stuck_out_tongue:

Hit e up if you you ever come up north. I need to make a trip down south to meet up. Seems like theres a lot of riders in socal :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lately things have been ramping up for sure. Lots of local activity.

We will definitely look you up!

1 Like

Tonight I rallied around on the Boosted V2. It was very nimble and light. The thumb wheel remote was kind of awkward for me, but probably just because I’m used to the 2.4 mini remote and Nano. Loved it’s standard longboard ride height, smooth acceleration and light weight.

Disliked the squishy deck. Also isn’t a very quiet E-board compared to other builds I have.

Edit- I’d also like to mention that tonight 2 more Evolves, an E-Glide and a Lief were added to the quiver of review boards!

More to come!

2 Likes

Great to see the taste test. Wish I had a chance to sample so many decks at once, so great to hear your off the cuff reactions.

Yes, I have psychotiller billets on evolve CF GT and rides nuclear than any other pneummies I have tried so far.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome @caustin! I can’t wait to try some of @psychotiller hubs and wheels. Glad to hear you’re enjoying them on your CGT :smile:

Saweet …I wish there were guys to ride with here in Texas. I’ll be the Lone Ranger until that time.

2 Likes