Newbie electric longboard questions - help desperately needed!

The only 8s ESC’s on HobbyKing I would suggest would be the HobbyWing MAX6 or MAX5. I have had two of the Turnigy 8s car ESC’s and both had problems.

Actually, do you think 8s is worth it over 6s? Considering prices for ESC’s. Is there a big difference in speed?

I’d say punch in all your variables into this calculator: http://toddy616.blogspot.com/2013/07/electric-skateboard-calculator.html?m=1

I predominantly use 6s.

2 Likes

I’m thinking this is one of the first stops before you buy anything…I wish I knew abt that calculator before I started this darn thing

1 Like

Update:

Got my 9mm pulley today. I tried attaching a photo with it, hope you guys can see it?

It does look quite thin, but I hope it’ll work out. Sort of regretting buying it this instead of 15mm.

Thoughts?

I weigh 100 kilo and use a 9mm on a single motor. Its fine.

'Bout to pull the trigger on an Alienpower motor, but what is a sensored motor?

Cheers

Does 12 miles on a 10s3p sounds about right? (thats what im getting)

Dual 6355 190 kv Dual VESC Kegal wheels 32 tooth wheel pulley 14 motor pulleys

Hi,

last week I had the honor to check out an dual motor esk8 and I was overwhelmed by the power and speed.

Because of limited budget I won’t be able to build such a rocket what I had under my feet last week, so my question is: Which motor would you recommend or are there any other motors not mentioned which will do perfectly well in a hilly area and need for around 35 km/h topspeed.

Thx in advance for every answer.

Regards

Chris