Newbie Questions (Simple to answer)

Isn’t that just called skating?

I messaged him and he didn’t know…

Yes @lowGuido it’s regular skating, sorry for the misleading, the Flintstone technique is more a Joke than a real thing, but since you’ve already know the 4 possible way to arrange the motor a thought it will be funny. :sweat_smile:

Flintstone technique was pretty funny. I didn’t think that would cause that much confusion. I appreciated the joke.

2 Likes

I thought that because you had referenced me that you were refering to “push assist”

This is just my anecdotal opinion on the subject.

1. Are chain drives better or worse (pros and cons) Chain drives transfer power better, last longer and can have higher gear ratios (not by much tho). Also they tend to be easier to implement. Also of course much stronger.

While belt drive are much quieter and not has hard on the motor. They do ware more do to rocks and debris. They can also be harder to implement in a design.

I prefer the belts due to the fact that they are easier on the motor in failure mode and much quieter.

1. How do you wire a 4 wheel drive e board (Do you need 4 vescs… etc.) You need a separate ESC for each motor you have. They don’t have to be wired up but if the ESC can do it then it is a good practice. This would use the CAN Bus basically just put them all in parallel with different address for each and you should be good. You can power all 4 ESC from the same set of batteries.

2. Is There only 4 ways to arrange motors (Dual, diagonal, mono, AWD) I like dual motors set ups and 4 motor all wheel drive. They are expensive but i think they work the best for me. Diagonal and momo are not to bad just a different feel on the board. It is really up to you and your budget.

3. How common are each (from question 4) Duel and mono are the most common then Diagonal and 4 wheel drive.

1 Like

Hello plz help https://youtu.be/39eBuwC4Wpc