NIKE Electric Cruiser Board

That is bad grammar. Faster is already appropriate.

1 Like

But… but… WE CAN ENJOY.

3 Likes

Are you sure? More faster sound more better and is much more funner to say…

8 Likes

More agreer

6 Likes

Jesusss!! A couple hours and da thing is been shreded to pieces. This forum’s scavanging angst reaching new heights. Bravoooo!!

giphy

1 Like

66 posts were merged into an existing topic: Destructive Vs Constructive Criticism

Maybe because it’s a random render and not an official Nike product? :wink:

3 Likes

Agreed, That is why I’m excited that the majority of VETS on the forum are innovators and risk takers. just in the past year I have learned so much and elevated the products we resale or make in house, diversification will drive the DIY industry. I promote Quality products, serious customer service and support only rivaled by a few. I love the ability to source products from the small guy ( I’m a small guy) and find ways to help those that help other with free test products and discounts you can’t get anywhere else. Everyone will criticize for whatever reason, it’s tolerable. We see who does what and why and try to aline or team up with those serious about the industry. We sell enertion products and are the Central Texas RA for Raptors seeing the same drive for quality and service. From a business standpoint, a forum is a tool that benefits all in the right scenario. From Us as vendors to the individual that gets guidance through a build thread or a discussion about a part he/she wants to use. Having both on a Forum has made the connection easier and help & support more available.

3 Likes

a board designed my a non skater …noone gets to design new cars who has never driven a car :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Many design flaws, but fresh out of the box thinking. The twin deck design could decouple the deck from vibrations. Always good to see students make a project happening. Heads up!

2 Likes

You guys are ruthless.

3 Likes

It does look ugly… i expected something way better looking if the guy was really designing it from ground up… in his mind

2 Likes

In the spirt of constructive criticism, it doesn’t look very practical, would not ride the same as many other boards and is a bit high of the ground. Could be good to break the mold and it is realy cool to see such a large company that has an effect on culture to be interested in esk8

3 Likes

I like the wheels.

1 Like

I’d like an explanation of the two-tier design, it looks like the top half of the board is supposed to tilt, yet the trucks look like they also tilt to steer… Is it a functional part of the design to have the top of the deck connected by two little points or is it an aesthetics choice of jaehyuk Lim? If it’s just for looks, it’s not to my taste, and I believe, depending on implementation, add considerable cost weight and failure points to the design.

In general, artistic mock-ups like this one I don’t care for. they seem to have a common theme – trendy product, a ‘look’ that functionally interferes with the purported operation, prominent copyright markings for something that has plan for actually being built… It looks like the intro design for a kickstarter that takes the money and runs, except for the nike part…

As for the post about constructive criticism… opinions are like elbows. I’ve seen very well done constructive criticism in very toxic environments and very helpful awesome forums that wouldn’t know constructive criticism if they were sleeping with it’s mother (Modern Vespa is a great example)

I’d suggest that product designs and mock-ups have their own tag or sub-forum called ‘vapor-ware’ or ‘what-if’

3 Likes

it’s just a prototype, a virtual one at that. i bet it’s someone’s senior year design project or master’s design thesis.

just like cars, prototypes have all kinds of cool, imaginative features. then the thing comes out and everything’s changed to be in the real world.

same this this board. i bet cheapo hubs, standard trucks, no backpack charging – just another shit board.

7 Likes

Not gonna lie this think looks kinda stupid.

For some reason it reminds me of a boat on a trailer

3 Likes

Exactly, you are asking bunch of builders what they think about this. we can see straight through the BS.

@onloop don’t get it twisted this is the most supportive community i have been part off. We were just giving like we see it.

7 Likes

I agree… i see members giving out free advice, tools and even parts to others. I can think of a lot of examples but a personal one happened after eating shit. @topcloud hooked me up with a helmet no questions asked… just to save the rest of my ugly face. I kinda like the look the more i see it but more for a scooter than a board

6 Likes

The good:

• Ideas around portability are nice (I use a “pool deck” because a 40" long board is way to f’ing long for me to lug up and down stairs to the train and I’m only like 5’4" tall so it’s a pain in the ass to carry anywhere else too)

• The design aesthetic is very clean

• Separation between the board itself and the electronics means you could re-use the same “frame” (thinking cars) with a different deck on top (some designs appear to show this for driving a cooler around, an idea we’ve been tossing around at my office too)

The impractical:

• Wheels appear to be mostly hard plastic with thin rubber outside? We typically use urethane in part for shock absorption but also imagine those thin pieces of rubber would wear out super fast.
  • The tail appears to be made of plastic this is very likely to crack also when the tail is sliding to pop the board up into your hand or to stop/hard turn you’re going to break or scrape the heck out of that nice clean plastic tail.
  • I don’t see any sort of charge port anywhere perhaps can be assumed it’s hidden on the bottom but would be nice to show where that is and/or how this is meant to interface with a backpack
  • Even with a relatively short deck most boards are bigger than your average back pack, how does that back pack look on a person? Is it like a hiking/camping back pack? is that better than carrying the board? (agreeing with others too about why carry the charger and batteries etc. why not just make the batteries swappable… I’ve been doing this myself for a while it’s not the cleanest looking or easiest on the end user but it is more practical).
  • Idea of some sort of sensor that could let you know or somehow control the board in a way that doesn’t kill you is idealistic. Moving at high speed and accurately detecting small things like rocks that are tiny but maybe big enough to cause you problems isn’t really feasible.

I’m happy to see someone working for Nike giving any time to even think about this but agree these are very early looking designs and would need some serious overhauls once met with reality. This isn’t anything against the designer, my own board had to be rebuilt a few times and I started off just following the beaten path, but if we are going to put out a concept then it should be open to scrutiny and some criticism where justified.

4 Likes