NKON 30Q Cells - Anyone seeing bad cells?

Had a bad few cells through from NKON recently, thankfully not in a pack as I ordered these for my e-cig mod.

One died almost immediately and wouldn’t charge and I have 2 that stay warm for hours after charging so I stopped using them.

Has anyone else seen bad 30Q cells recently?

How did Nkon handle this from a warranty side?

Where they checked on delivery or layup for a while?

Ore they from the same manufacturer batch?

i had a parallel group of 10s4p die, but that was after about 8 months.

I didn’t bother with a warranty return, I put it down to luck of the draw

yup…

1 Like

Hmm not a great time for me to hear this as I’m building 13s10p

meh, it’s not like it takes forever to build a pack like that or anything so swapping out a few bad cells should not be an issue :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I do want to see photos of the construction and finished pack - that is seriously impressive

i mean, they’re producing these by the millions, some of them are bound to be duds.

They should be doing some charge discharge cycles on them to test before shipping though…

2 Likes

for sure, clearly they discharge them to 3.42v but a defect probably wouldn’t surface until cells are put into use. just guessing here.

Yeah true maybe a higher drain on the cell could cause something to surface… strange still.

1 Like

What batch did you get? I guess I should keep an eye out :thinking:

batch: SDIEM

2 Likes

Hoo boy. I just ordered 150 of these from nkon. Crossing fingers they have a different batch number on them. :crossed_fingers::pouting_cat:

I bought 98 cells from @thisguyhere when he was doing the discount on them(no blame or criticizism intended at all, seriously. Like you said it bound to happen). I believe this is who he bought from, correct? And had one cell drop to 1V within like 5 charges, luckilly I have NESE so easy fix. But I couldnt and still cant get my pack to the full 50.4V on 12s, it stops at 49.1 everytime. I check each parallel almost every charge now.

1 Like

I had 2 p groups die, but the pack is almost 2 years old

When you order like 100 or 200 cells they come in a box from the factory, and the manufacture date is written, around 4 months ago i think i got the cells from November 2017…

yea, i source from nkon too.

hm…i’ll have to check my packs now too, been a while.

1 Like

That could be you’re bms

Whenever your bms is detecting issues it charges to around 90%

How would i check/verify that…? nonetheless, i did find a dead cell still