No lights on focbox and wont connect to laptop :(

i set the focbox up as instructed by well respected members on this forum and made sure to use safe and well within the limits of the focbox bldc not foc etc… i double and triple checked everything and my board goes 500 yards and the focbox gives out…warranty or not thats just nuts i even push started the board and made sure it wasnt on fullcharge or going down hill…what more could i have done …nothing looks fried …i dont get this

Maybe there was a foil over the mosfets and the heatsink?

whats foil in this context?

Should not shorted this way only throttle down earlier because of bad heat dissipation.

@stormboard1 could you also provide a pic of the back of the Focbox? See if the DRV has some burnmarks. And a pic of the heatsink with the pads to check if there is any foil left like @DeathCookies mentioned

1 Like

I have seen a focbox that has 2 joints soldered together. I’m not saying that is what this case is but it has happened.

yep no problem one second

@TarzanHBK @CarlCollins Underside of the focbox

2 Likes

looks all good as far as i can tell from pictures. Just start a chat with customer support at enertion.

1 Like

Everything looks good as pictures indicated. I think tech team will help you with this. Please email us with all of these images and brief history about your issue.

3 Likes

ok thanks will do it now

I think the the sticker/padding on the case should be removed right?

The white one? No its for heat dissipation.

That’s for heat dissipation, there is no issue with that

sent the email just there to the email address you posted @CarlCollins how long should this take ?

You will get response within 24 hours

you checked the bms? I fried my bms, reciever, vesc because a wrong wire connected on the bms…

@stormboard1

Waiting for your response on the support ticket. Please check your email

1 Like

replied to the email and that address is correct yes @CarlCollins

okay so apparently something shorted as there is no blue light… i can see anything shorted and dont want this to happen again…also i only went like a few feet up the road i dont see what could have shorted …if anyone has an idea what might have happened much appreciated

What did Enertion have to say about that.