No Longer Just Gauging Interest: Maytech 100A ESC Group Buy

i wonder if that would work. if it was a power supply that was doing its thing from switching it might be a problem and have to be linear.

Maybe someone could try it for science?

Or rather a lab power supply with a long cable…

just so everyone is aware… because i keep seeing this here and other places…

EVERY “VESC BASED” ESC OUT THERE that is NOT a VESC 6 is BASED on the 4.x.

“just a 4.12 with a case and some mods” is literally ALL of them, everything from this to the FocBox.

The case is important, the mods are important. that’s what differentiates the ones that blow DRVs on power up from the ones that last over 2 years under the shittiest conditions.

The Flip Sky is a 50 amp solution. Every “50 amp VESC” i’ve tried so far died, but maybe that one will be better. Who knows. Also, sounds a lot like Fly Sky who oems remotes and eswitches and a few other things. Maybe its the same company using skate terminology in their DBA.

The only reason this one piqued my interest is because Maytech has a habit of listening to people and improving their shit, while offering low MOQ on parts that upstarts like me can actually cobble enough cash for and try to get somewhere with. Also, i recently came across some 4.12s that were surprisingly stable and i have no idea where they came from, but i suspect they’re Maytechs.

obviously it takes more than a fat heatsink to make these better. I want to know what else they did.

I’m going to move forward with this and get some more info from Jollin about what needs to happen.

2 Likes

I want to try 2 maybe even buy 2 more in the future if they are good.

1 Like

They won’t tell you if they updated any of the BOM parts that people ask to be updated?

They’ll say they’re asking their engineers, then come back with something that doesn’t make a lot of sense or is just vague. It’s better to see for yourself in my opinion, or have a group of people on a forum see for you and post detailed pics and outcomes.

2 Likes

They’ll say FOC is upgraded to BLDC on continuous 14A and also FOCC. Will even run well with wheels and remote. Happy new year next time.

5 Likes

If this goes thru when will you be taking payments for it? Because I might be interested in 2 if this takes place after 2 weeks or so

It depends on how soon they can get me the parts. Group buys aren’t a quick trip to the shop.

1 Like

No I understand I just wanted to know time frame because of my budget thats all

This is probably a foolish question that I likely know the answer to, but by any chance do these come with any sort of warranty?

Also programming if its like the vesc 4.12 will it also be thru a program on a pc

i’m in for 2, @longhairedboy are you keeping tabs?

made a form to collect responses:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cYN7LXF_7zI1qRePGVQoSCwLx0aOdQ8qZRuV1r-zEmU/edit

People have asked for 12 so far (I am counting what the thread says).

I would be interested in 2 funds depending

BBox and EScape … not a VESC 6 but based on it, right?

No no believe ita vesc 4.12 or close to that

1 Like

No. I need to know how they break and how easily. that’s why i’m planning on giving them to you wild animals at a discount. lol

1 Like

Oh $120 is a discounted price? What are they retail?

Copy paste from email. Price is USD115.0/pcs for 20pcs and above per order. Price is USD145.0/pcs for 5pcs per order. Price is USD165.0/pcs for 1pcs per order.