No more free speech on the forum?

there’s a lot of people that complains about this forum, but the thing is, this forum helped a lot of people and still is helping a lot of people. if you don’t like it, nobody is forcing to be here, so why are you still here?

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it help even more if all manufacturers would be treated the same way?

Hope your answer is not the same for all inequality, incl. racism.

R, J.

This whole thread is bullshit…

@sandbound “This thread will be locked or deleted as soon as he wakes up” That is nothing more than rhetoric. If you dont like it, then leave, but dont screw up the experience for the rest of us.

@willpark16 “Agreed but I’d rather spend 1600 on something that works rather than a discounted 900 on a product that haven’t even been tested” Then buy one and test it. Complaining about a NEW product that hasn’t been tested is just stupid.

I would suggest that anyone who doesn’t like the assumed profit margins or quality of a seller, dont buy from them. If you are right, its self correcting. These are experimental boards with experimental electronics…and for anyone that just cant seem to figure it out, this ain’t Wal-Mart. Buy a benchwheel or boosted board if you don’t want the hassle and enjoyment of building a board yourself or using experimental electronics. But, if you do that you get boards that might catch on fire or only do 7 mph.

On the subject of treating sellers reasonably. @psychotiller, @Hummie and @torqueboards post on here all the time about the products they sell. Not to mention the countless other users that don’t have actual businesses that are selling just mounts or batteries or whatever.

Regarding the up-sell banner at the top of the website…@onloop is paying for hosting, dns services, development software, development services, etc. (and his own freaking time for gators sake), so why shouldn’t he get a little advertising? I’m sure if you offered him $.25 a click he’d let you advertise maxi-pads, or whatever.

I’m getting the distinct feeling that this thread is being pushed by people that are either trolls, screwed up hardware through misuse or bad installs and are pissed that they couldn’t get a refund or are just the type of people that when angry don’t give a damn about screwing up everyone else’s good time…cause that’s ok right?

I have never even bought anything from Enertion, but he has been happy to help when I had a question. That tells me he is in this because he loves skating and is just trying to make a living doing something he enjoys. If you cant respect that, catch out and leave the reasonable people alone to pursue their hobbys.

(soap box set on fire, walks away)

7 Likes

This board isnt being sold as a project or something to tinker with. Adjusting belts is a given just like a chain on a motorcycle its expected. He is selling these as a finished product not a kit you build. Big difference.

I will say it again… [quote=“mmaner, post:24, topic:13808”] These are experimental boards with experimental electronics…and for anyone that just cant seem to figure it out, this ain’t Wal-Mart. [/quote]

1 Like

You know how many times i emailed “support” with no reply? Or i did get a reply 30 days later. Start something here i would get a reply. If you read all the threads youve seen this before. The forum is good and helped me fix the board myself which i appreciate.

there you go kids

5 Likes

Did i miss the “experimental” tag line somewhere on his advertisements or did it say “expect to buy this board and rebuild the motors yourself” It must have beenvin the fine print i missed.

All electric skateboards are experimental, and as they have electronic drive systems, are in turn experimental. Do you get pissed when a box doughnuts doesn’t have a “These could make you a fat ass” warning?

3 Likes

i don’t know where you be buyin them doughnuts but mine do…

2 Likes

@monkey32 I need some, that is awesome :slight_smile:

haha, and here’s why you don’t get the anger. When you spend a few hundred dollars for something you never really got the performance you were promissed, you would want to complain too. I bought 2 vescs, one came broken and the other broke day 2. I have bought 8 from chaka since, I used the same firmware, same software, went through the same install process, I’m not an idiot with electronics and I’m aware of things like ESD events, same motors, same settings, and not 1 has broken in many many months of running. Jason wouldn’t give me any money back, replacement, or repair. Onloop claims his failure rate is super low, but that’s assuming everyone would try to contact him if they broke it. Even than, chakas failure rate is a fraction of what onloop claims his is (and chaka will fix it, even if you blow it up, so I think anytime his breaks, people will contact him. That’s not a coincidence.

What if we had a thread for complaints about each vendor, i.e. one for enertion ,one for evolve, ect? So the community knows the problems others are having with a given product and their experiences. Not only can others learn, but the vendors them selvs can learn to.

1 Like

@evoheyax “When you spend a few hundred dollars for something you never really got the performance you were promissed, you would want to complain too.”

The first DIY motor and ESC I bought lasted 3 days but I recognized that I couldn’t be completely sure that it wasn’t my fault, so I let it go and bought a Mamba Monster 2 and another motor. Dexter was as helpful as I expected from a 1st rate seller, I didn’t get a refund or even a repair, but he was handy with advice and discounted my next purchase.

But even if I hadn’t been happy with the result, I wouldn’t have gone to the internet and started raising hell. By doing that you have essentially talked possibly hundreds of people into NOT building/buying an electric skateboard. Right or wrong, your approach was engineered to piss people off. Well you did.

I don’t think you are being reasonable nor do I think you are being fair to all the other users.

3 Likes

I would like to add, my response to this thread has nothing to do with Enertion, I don’t know the cat, wouldn’t recognize him if he clothes lined me off my skateboard. My response is based solely on how much damage these types of threads can do to a community.

2 Likes

damage? I made a simple point dont ask people to put hundreds or even thousands of dollars down before at least having a working prototype so people can see what they are getting. I can show u photos of cad models and parts I had cncd all day but seeing their preformance is an entirely different issue. As for feedback, the seller should take it as consructive critiscism or ignore it. But if hundreds of people started telling me there was something wrong id start changing things

I shouldn’t have said anything, no one on the internet ever changes their mind…so have a nice day sir and good luck too you.

alright then mate

we all jumped to conclusion with the vec x and we where wrong. so i feel that onloop had a good reason to shut it down. im not saying onloop is a god or should have unlimited power im just saying that he normal does the correct thing.

i have no issues with his vesc x or his batterys i really just care about his hub motors and how they preform since hes making these big claims about them

what i was saying is we jumped to conclusions when the vesc x was leaked and we started freaking out about the vesc being open source and him not releasing the specs.