No more pneumatic wheel vibes!

Way to go, own it Franky T the cream always rises…

1 Like

Time for me to build an emtb :wink:

Yep, that’s essentially how they work.

$10.45 delivered in Au on fleabay

I miss mine too, it needs a rebuild.

Edit: I guess that’s a crappy pic.

1 Like

Sweet AF :grinning: 2004/5? 450 or 650?

Lol at the truncated pic at the Rubicon trail above!

2005 FS650e

Cool bro, do it! I always found it such a pleasure to work the older bergs from the early KTM period. Looks like you have the high seat as well. I put a Dale Lineaweaver jet kit on mine, he is the berg tuning master :wink: He is working on a team bringing the ALTA electric motorbikes to market atm.

& just to keep things on topic… I never had any wheel vibes on my tard :neutral_face:

Me either. Balanced with sticky weights, and ghetto tubeless.

I brought my carb to Dales Shop and had him install his jetting kit. 1-1/2hrs drive. He showed up at the track without Alta once. Was racing a 25 year old Honda 150. Kills it @ 60+ years old.

I’ve seen the Alta up close, its straight up dreamy. Its hands down the best E-motorcycle on the market.

The Alta SM came in first place In sloppy muddy conditions at the IMS in Sacramento California. They are allowed in 250, 450, and unlimited classes.

https://www.altamotors.co/#the-future-of-fast

On topic, here in the states, they use Dyna Beads for dynamic balancing.

1 Like

They are only for tubeless tires no? Or how did you get them inside the tube so that they can move freely?

remove the valve core, pour in the beads, replace core, pump up tires…

1 Like
5 Likes

I was not aware that you can remove the core that easily - learned something new - thanks.

2 Likes

Has anyone seen any source for these in the EU?

http://www.dynabeads.co.uk

1 Like

Hey bro i am considering buying these Dyna beads as my wheels are not balanced and making noise.

How many Gramms would you add to a single 8 inch trampa tyre ?

You dont have enough for me to buy from you for 4 , 8 inch wheels ? looks like u might have exrta.

Regards

@DucatiGuy I’d also like to know how much I need to order for 6-8" wheels. Any idea?

Also joining the hype train, would love to know how much I need for 8" wheels.

Hey guys, so the amounts that seem to work best for tires in the 6-8” range, are usually around 2-5 grams per tire. I would start with 2 grams and work your way up in half gram increments till you get the desired results. The trick is to add just enough, and not more than you need.

Also keep in mind, in order for the beads to work, 1 - they must be able to spin freely through your wheel / tube. If your inner tube is kinked in anyway, it’ll inhibit the beads from spinning properly, which may in fact make your balance issues worse, and 2 - to get them to work efficiently, you will need to get up to speed in excess of 8-10mph. The faster you go, the smoother everything will roll.

The beads should flow into your valve without any issue, but on occasion, specially with 90 degree style valves, you may get blockage occurring from time to time. You want to flow the beads in small steady groups. If you notice they’re not going in, you can always take a small piece of wire and pick into the valve to free up the blockage. I’ve also seen people use an old electric toothbrush to vibrate the valve stem, which in return with assist with the flow of stuck beads.

Last but not least, if your vibes are being caused from an out of round tire, the beads will not counter balance such a defect. They may help slightly, but ultimately you’ll need to swap out the tire for a good one to fix the issue. Don’t waste your beads and time trying to fix such a condition.

Hope this info helps! Let me know how you guys make out.

2 Likes

all 4 of my tyres have a huge amount of run out. Are all mountain board tyres 200x50 like this or are mine from a crap batch?

Does anyone here have decent tyres without runout issues?