Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Just got a replacement mini remote after my Nano-xā€¦ incidentā€¦ the other day. Few questions I have:

1. what do st trim and th (throttle Iā€™m guessing) trim do exactly?
  2. Iā€™ve seen reference to the thumb wheel being used like a cruise control. Is this the standard function of that wheel?

The thumb wheel is just a second PWM channel just like the trigger. You can hook it up to your throttle if you wanted to.

One of these days Iā€™m going to make a lights/bell/horn controller that uses the second channelā€¦unless someone else makes one first that I can buy.

2 Likes

Give me 3 days and itā€™s up for sale/ Open Sourceā€¦ :slight_smile: If you are interestedā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Any info on the pots?

I donā€™t know much about them because theyā€™ve never failed on me. The power switch is the first thing that fails on a mini remote.

BE GENTLE WITH THE POWER SWITCH if you want it to last. Seems if youā€™re very gentle each time you use it, it lasts much, much longer

Does anyone know the ā€œtolerancesā€ for belt selection for these mounts? Trying to NOT buy any more belts if I donā€™t have to.

According to BBman calculator, my next desired belt is 305 based on my gearing. I only have 295, 300 320.

Thanks

What is your pulley ratio?

16 36. 10 char

300 might work, ideal length is 305-310mm. Please note: length is specific to my Janux Dual Motor mount, https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-dual-motor-mount-with-stabilizing-crossbars-black-anodized-finish

2 Likes

Yep. Already ordered it

The only reason why I ordered it before you even posted is that based on your website description, you could move the motor laterally Ā±10mm laterally to tighten/loosen the belt tension. So I figured I added or subtracted 10mm to/from ~85mm and plug it into the BBman website.

Iā€™m not sure if this logic is correct. Just taking chances here. Haha. Hopefully, it works.

Thanks

+/-10mm is only available with parallel bolt mounting slots like this :point_down:, specifically fits 63xx motors with 44mm diameter mounting hole pattern. pic7

X-slots can fit any 63xx motors regardless of their diameter mounting hole pattern. Down side to this is lateral adjustment is restricted, belt tensioning is thru the adjustment of idlers. :point_down: file2-1%20-%20Copy%20(2)

I didnā€™t realize you offer the parallel bolts. There isnā€™t any listed. You might want to edit your description on your website.

1 Like

Yes, I should update my website to offer the parallel slots option. Do u want to change your mount to parallel? Let me your order#.

2 Likes

DMā€™ed my order#. Thanks

Buy a mini remote. With most remotes, you canā€™t pair a different brand receiver, you have to get the whole package (remote and receiver together).

1 Like

Hey guys, so I would like to charge my lipo`s all at the same time, so I figured getting a BMS would be the way to go. I did some research and got this scheme. If you see something thats off please correct me :slight_smile: 0 I am planning on getting 2 chargers 1 now and 1 for group rides in the future for fast charging. The standard charger is on 40% of my total charge max (10A is my rated max for charging, so I am going to charge at Ā±4A. Read that staying at 40% of your max charge will keep your cells cycles at an almost optimum level. For group rides I will be charging at 7-8A but thatā€™s a charger I will buy in the future :slight_smile:.

I am planning on getting this charger. The guys form esk8.nl told me that its reliable and does the job well. Its loud but I dont mind. I will get the xt90 plug since I have a bunch of them and that way I dont have to struggle with buying a charging port from lets say a hoverboard. Is that a good idea? Or would you do it diffirent let me know :smiley:

On a Bms I didnt really decide. I currently saw these ones. If you know a good 12s bms that goes up to 10A+ in the EU I would appreciate it if you could link me one.

Hold up, what 3 batteries will give you 12s? Your diagram is incorrect.

3x 4S 10char

Better now :slight_smile: ?