Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

The charger port does not need to be a 10awg wire unless you’re planning to charge at 80A.

1 Like

No, but it does still need to junction to the main 10awg power line (at least according to the standard wiring diagram I am following from here…).

So sure the charger wire can be smaller, but I’d still need a 10awg/10awg/16awg junction (or whatever I use for charger).

Worryingly, I had got the idea for using 10awg from this site as I was generally told 12awg would be enough, but I decided to overengineer it a little and go with 10awg. Except now I learn that 10awg max safe amperage is 55amps, and my battery is 60amp max output. Not sure where this has gone awry.

The ampacity rating of a wire changes based on the temperature rating of the insulation and the maximum allowable voltage drop across the length of the wire. Silicone-insulated 200C 10AWG wire is good for about 120-130A, whereas regular Romex or whatever house-rated wire is only 60C, and is good to only 30A.

For a regular charging brick of 2-8A, 18-20AWG is fine. As for connecting, if possible I’d just solder the small wire onto the pads where you soldered the big wire. If you don’t have pads, but instead have a connector, you may be able to jam both the 10awg and smaller wire into that and solder them together that way.

1 Like

This is all true to some extent.

I’d like to add that I normally try to err on the side of caution and don’t exceed these ratings – which does put 10AWG at 55A continuous, 110A burst

You can use smaller wire but the losses and heating will be more, of course.

1 Like

thanks @dareno, i did see that one but didn’t realise the mini remote has a second channel. Im curious if i can cram it into the nanox remotes shell haha

1 Like

https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/core-serie-support-moteur-pour-truck-evolve-supercarve-street-et-at/

The discription also says “15/65T: 380mm Belt”:

2 Likes

Bin the nano Jai. Try something with a bigger form. Benchwheel or even dare I say it the new meepo remote. Use the trigger from either because they have a nice long throw. You can do it. I have faith. Be hitting you up for another battery shortly my friend. Just deciding where to put it.

i dunno, i like the small throw on the nano. its small and i like the finger grooves. Im only looking for something else because i’m thinking of putting an unnecessarily loud horn on the board :grin:

1 Like

This was just after the first test ride up and down the street.

Nano is junk + 1,000,000.

Mechanically stuck in full throttle.

5 Likes

thats a lot of junk! haha but yeah nah thats not safe! why ride your board when it can ride itself

1 Like

@b264 Train horns. And so it began…

1 Like

please help should i go 83 mm flywheels or 85 cagmuas

If those are the only two choices, then easy choice – 85mm Caguama

1 Like

you said only 2 do you know of better wheels under 80 all knowing @b264

good, cheap, fast – you get to pick two.

I don’t know what wheels would fall under the “good and cheap” category. But it wouldn’t be fast.

i thought soft 77a cagumas were closest to all three

Anyone know where to get Tourque Boards 6355 magnet replacements and circlip?

@torqueboards

hey guys im doing a single setup should i go 15mm or 12 mm which one will last longer

belt drive i mean

15 Tenchar