Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Li-onā€™s last longer and typically are energy dense

Lipos are known for there power density (also energy dense due to no metal encasement)

but Li-ons are generally more reliable and last longer so I say they are more energy dense because you typically get more cycles out of them which means more energy output over its lifetime.

pick one then study it Lipos tend to be a quick and easy read

Where as Li-ons are harder to learn but in my opinion worth it.

check out the samsung Q30 18650 cells if you are going that route.

1 Like

power density = peak wattage

energy density = sum of total watt output over discharge cycle.

lion 10s1p would be only 420w peak output so not power dense enough.

but 2500 / 1000 * 36v = 90wh (aprox 9kms worth of range)

You might be happy with 9km range but you wonā€™t be happy with traveling like a snail

thatā€™s why lipos are good for a quick punch on a low range setup.

1 Like

Why are XT90 connectors so hard to solder? XD I melted 3 pretty bad. Idk why i expected to be able to do it right off the bat, so I looked up some tutorials, but have not tried again yet, since I ran out of the last of my solder.

Has anyone used the VRUZEND for esk8 builds? I am planning on it right now, because it was a cheaper alternative, and more ā€œfixableā€ Iā€™ll say. Hoping that it will be able to deal with a 12s7p pack with two 190kv 4000kw motors.

Hoping to make a topic soon, I have a class that I need to post some research questions for!

1 Like

Itā€™s better to just pay someone to weld you up some P-groups and do the rest of the soldering yourself. Would have to go with 1/2 the size battery you want to fit the holders.

There are tutorial for soldering connectors, you just need flux and a good soldering iron. I use a 2-in-1 station that was like $80 on amazon and it rips.

@Fosterqc Iā€™m doing a mountainboard build, and I already calculated the size based on the dimensions of the caps, and even with a 12s7p, it will fit nicely between the feet. I agree that you would not be able to get the best battery if you did it under the board, and then spot welding or soldering would be best in that situation!

I watched a few tutorials to see where I went wrong, and bought some extras incase I still mess up, I also should probably crank down the temp, that way I wont melt the connector!.

1 Like

Also if anyone would be willing to help me out with a research project for college I would appreciate it!! Looking for anyoneā€™s opinions, so I can gather some data for a class!

1 Like

ohhh for a top mount MTB!!!

thatā€™ll be fineeee

Hope to see you ripping it soon!

Funny enough Iā€™m making two 12S7Ps at the moment. A insane 25R one for me and a 30Q one for a friend.

You love your friend more than you love yourself

FOR friendlies sake stick to the Q30s

Youā€™re losing 500mAh per cell and itā€™s common knowledge that Q30s can output 20a safely.

So even if the 25Rā€™s can output a little more that will be short lived once you get below 70% charge as by then youā€™ll clearly be rocking something inferior.

1 Like

Iā€™m in it for the cheap power I didnā€™t want to pay the extra lol.

I have other batteries for range. Working on like 5 boards at the moment.

1 Like

ok ok respect back in the day I remember the 25rā€™s as same price or more even LoL

your stats are better than mine that was dumb of me :sweat_smile: (was partly miss informed)

1 Like

when soldering xt90 connectors plug them in to each other so that the pins donā€™t move if the plastic melts a bit,

Saw that on a YouTube video! I just got some more solder, and I am going to try this, and a few tips and tricks for things I was completely doing wrong. Hopefully, Iā€™ll have no issues and everything will go smoothly!

good i want to use this engine

like this

esc

but I have no idea which battery to choose. I plan to use a 18650 cell battery

If anyone can help me thank you !! :grinning::grin::+1:

1 Like

if you live in the usa just save yourself the pain and get motors and the upcoming TB6 esc from Torqueboards.com

to say that this engine is not good?

Sorry for my ignorance but I canā€™t understand this:

if an electric motor like that

that have 80 amps

can be connected to this esc

that only allows 50 amps . I can not understand if I connect a battery that provides 80 amps will not burn the esc?

Hey all,

Iā€™ve been riding an ownboard mini KT for about a year and not ready to build my own yet but wanna get something I can upgrade to increase top speed at the expense of some torque. Iā€™m thinking the M1 then swap to 100mm boas. If theyā€™re too big I might resin print a custom wheel pulley with less teeth.

I posted in this thread about it, could you take a look and see what you think? https://electric-skateboard.builders/t/100mm-boa-constrictor-wheels/41532/632?u=shoyusha

Thanks for your help everyone, looking forward to joining this community.

that esc is no good yeah. I said their upcoming vesc. It will be v6 hardware based not v4.

check it out on torqueboards profile on esk8.news

you can limit the amps in the software, itā€™s a vesc not just an esc

thank you very much !! :+1: