Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

No I don’t have. Not sure if anybody is still producing them. It was more a thing between 4.12 and 6

So I’m assuming the unity runs on 4.12

The Unity is a new design based on 4.12 but @Deodand could tell you more. @Deodand do you know where the schematic for Unity is available?

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Someone just came out of retirement

Emphasis on the should. Not one to argue semantics but its you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hey everybody, i am setting up my motors with the vesc tool. detection works fine, I am running sensored bldc. However when i try to spin up using the remote: the master seems to “lock up” about half of the time and the slave just locks up and won’t spin. What am i doing wrong?

Does that happen when you use the arrow keys to spin the motor instead of the remote?

yes, the master makes a funny prrrrt prrrt sound. and the slave acts the same as when using the remote. Edit: when using remote they both lock up, when using arrows the above happens.

What about when you disconnect CANBUS (cut power first before unplugging) and try each one independently?

hey, i have a 6s4p li-ion battery with a hobbyking BMS

however the bms broke and i can no longer charge my battery

wanting to replace it asap(cuz hobbyking doesn’t seem to restock it soon) i was wondering what would happen if i replaced it with this one, would i damage my battery? http://www.batterysupports.com/22v-24v-6s-30a-6x-36v-lithium-ion-lipo-battery-bms-pcm-pcb-p-475.html

the charger i use for this is a ac/dc charger with an output of 25.2V 2,0A

Any suggestions on how to get rounded motor mount bolts out? Any input appreciated :slight_smile:

IMG_3880 IMG_3879

They sell those easy out that should get it right out. You could also try to put a rubber band around the hex key to fill the gaps.

1 Like

Don’t know the english name but i used ‘extracteur de vis’. Just drilll a smole hole in the screw and pus this in. it will self lock when you unscrew the blocked part. Capture

1 Like

Use a dremel to cut a slot then use a flat head screwdriver :slight_smile: Just remember to heat the bolt so it loosens some.

2 Likes

Torx bit and Hammer is worth a try. Probably the most easy way. Hammer the torx bit inside than turn. Maybe you lucky and even don’t need a hammer.

2 Likes

I tried them both independent from each other, same issues still happen. I then tried out uncensored which seems to work fine. so I’m guessing its something with the flipsky motors and the sensors not working.

Edit2: i just realized my battery is at 20% and I have set my cutoff at 3.3 volts per cel. maybe that has to do something with it…

Edit, btw anybody who knows how this connector is called? 15480085942977525070182237588534

This would have come up on the motor detection set up. Connect it all up, remove the belts and re detect the motors with the sensors connected and let us know what results you get.

Just realized my battery’s are near dead. ill try again when charged up.

1 Like

I think they are called easy outs

2 Likes