Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

I recommend this remote

https://forum./t/how-to-bind-the-mini-remote/95

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I just want a remote similar to the ownboard/boosted style - itā€™s what Iā€™m used to and comfortable with.

1 Like

Hi there !!

Does it sounds, unfortunately, familiar to someone ?? https://youtu.be/FyVb4_MUCuQ

When I push the trigger, the motors goes crazy cogging and screaming loudly ā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow: never see that before. All detection and paramter well set as before but with the new motors (detection foc sensored ok) and drive system (GD, well set, turn well).

Thx a lot guys :v:

1 Like

Hey all, so Iā€™m currently having ā€˜space issuesā€™ in my build, and it may result in me needing to stack some of my components (leading to a thick section of my enclosure :frowning:)

The problem comes with my BMS (bestech 10s charge/discharge) and my flipsky dual vesc. They donā€™t quite fit next to each other, and my board is too short to have them behind each other. So I was wonderingā€¦ can I stack them on top of each other? It might make the wiring much easier, but Iā€™m slightly concerned by any heat problemsā€¦

Although I know some battery packs have the bms inside the wrapping with the batteries, so I can only assume heat isnā€™t a big problem for them?

It depends on the charger, if is only a 2a charger then heat should be fine but 10a might cook the ESC, if the BMS gets hotter than the ESC then thatā€™s risky territory otherwise it should be okayish

Recently read in a thread about the BMS balancing out cells after charging and staying quite warm for an extended period of time which isnā€™t great for batteries (if cells are already pretty balanced maybe not a big issue). If it were my build Iā€™d go with BMS on the board and VESC just below it (looking at the board sitting on wheels from side view) so BMS heat goes into the board and upward away from the VESC (usually overheating hasnā€™t been an issue for me either but I donā€™t stress any of the equipment much being light and in a mostly flat land area)

So I read some more about my battery and found out mooch did a test on it.

Turns out you can push these atleast to 10 amps each.

Now Iā€™m running 10s4p of these but canā€™t seem to get more than 35 amps max. (very saggy when pulling this amount of amps). My settings are 40 batt

Why canā€™t I pull more? is it the sag?

Strange, never hear that. Maybe check the circle clip. If the bell could move that could have influence on the alignment of your gear drive and cause that noice. Maybeā€¦

How you monitor the amp drawing? With bt module? If yes you can check in your records how high is the sag and than make your own conclusions to it.

The sag is around 4 volts. Maybe 5

Yes measured with BT module

35a x 42V are around 1500watt I assume you not a heavy guy :sweat_smile: on flat road you should get some good acceleration with it. With my mtb on flat i think iā€˜m usually donā€™t draw more than 1000watt per motor and iā€˜m about 85-90kg with gear on, so 750watt with urethane wheels should be fine or you have a problem with it?

I was just wondering if I could push my cells even more. Once I go 6 inch wheels

I donā€™t think so. Take a look at these two graphs: 10A%20GA%20vs%2030Q 15A%20GA%20vs%2030Q

While the GA does outperform other 3500mah cells like the 35E (See image below), it sags much worse than the venerable 30Q. Great for larger packs with high P-groups and low current per cell, but far from ideal for demanding high-drain applications. 10A%20GA%20vs%2035E

Is this the cost of 1 truck. I donā€™t know if i need to buy it twice?

1 Like

Itā€™s for one truck

that is so saaaad ā€¦ but thanks a lot for trying to help me, my friend !!! Very kind of you :+1:

Unfortunately, it is again something that nobody has encounter before ā€¦ Iā€™m so never lucky :laughing: ā€¦ always the 1st who is it coming ā€¦ (I would have thought maybe that has already arrived to someone ā€¦)

Hard to see this WE of full sunshine vibe and around 25/30Ā°C pass so fast without even could try my board :disappointed_relieved:

Yeah super strange ā€¦

Unfortynately, itā€™s not just a sound issueā€¦ but more a power/cogging issues.

I can roll/ride at around 5kmh without any pb, fkn silente with the Helical gear, foc, etc. but once I really apply power (more than just 2 or 3mm f the throttle) it go crazy ā€¦ cry more than me ^^ loose the speed and power.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Do a check on all your connections. I had that happen due to a loose motor connector.

2 Likes

like @taz said, if you get a power reduction under load only and without load all is ok, than my first guess would be lose connection/ bad solder joins or similar.

2 Likes

Thanks guys ! :smiley: I will recheck all for sure !!

But yeah, it also happen without load like you could see in the video ā€¦ Maybe a loose connector somewhere :wink: (I hope :crossed_fingers:!)

2 Likes