Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Please at a minimum, fill out your ā€œCountryā€ on your profile because many answers to be offered may be different, depending on where you are.

thanks b264, I think you are right, but I never crimped JST terminals and Iā€™m afraid that a less than perfect job, due to the intense vibrations the eskate will be subjected to, will cause later problems. Crimping is it doable by a noob?

JB Weld 8265-S. Good idea, thanks

I would make sure it all works first, then seal around the connectors with epoxy or something to lock them in

1 Like

No idea if you were replying to me but I did itšŸ™ƒ

1 Like

Yep, itā€™s fine.

When they will come loose?

totally random. you can be lucky and get motors without problems or not. if you got a not so lucky motor you could look through this:

that fixed the issues so far. letĀ“s see how long they will last now.

I contact you, if somethinā€™ will go wrong

1 Like

no problem! APS customer service is usally also very helpfull. I had 4 motors broke down on me and we found a repair solution/ replacement to all of them.

Is it a problem for the customer service, if I bought it from a local vendor? @Andy87

where did you buy them? I bought mine from eskating.de or eskatingshop.de or so and APS replaced the broken bell non the less. eskating.de would do that as well, but it was too complicated to ship the motors around the world. You can always try and ask polite.

Is this any good, I will be going with 15mm belt, 110mm wheels and 218mm trucks. https:///products/dual-motor-mechanical-kit?variant=712352301079

I am placed in Germany and the vendor is also the host of the german community of esk8. He has a shop near Mannheim and he offers it also online. You could visit his site. Elektro-Skateboard

It was the same shop I got them from.

1 Like

But the wrong link :grinning:. Nice to know.

:rofl: this made the side form for meā€¦didnĀ“t wanted to add a link at all :rofl: But yes, if you have issues, just come back to there shop first. They seemed to be very helpfull in this case as well. Buuut first letĀ“s hope all is good and you will not have any issues at all!!!

Torqueboard is a reliable vendor. People have had issues with there vesc but their trucks trucks are used by many people on here. I have been hearing alot of good things about their new 110mm wheels

2 Likes

Hope so. :rofl: My build is running without any problems up to now.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

Whats the name of this item ? ^^

I want to work with:

1 Like