Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Well I have a gift for you friend

I made some press-fitting mounts to hold xt90 connectors and boy are they tight. Iā€™m obviously going to add something like e6000, JB Weld, or epoxy but already I highly doubt itā€™s even needed since the press fit is so strong.

It takes several times more force to insert/remove the plugs than to insert/remove the cables AND thereā€™s a guard on the back of it to prevent it ever being pushed into the case.

Thingiverse files
20190526_115715 20190526_115524

5 Likes

Why two though? If youā€™re using loopkey and charge, then charge needs to be XT30 or XT60. That way the loopkey canā€™t be accidentally put in the wrong hole. Humans make mistakes. Also ensure you fuse the charge port. And yes, that mistake has happened before by very competent folk.

2 Likes

Youā€™re replying in the wrong place

1 Like

@Itsmedant It could be a safety hazard

1 Like

Duuude thanks but chill on the warnings :sweat_smile:

I totally know to fuse the charge port; the single one will be for chaege port, the dual one is for power out since Iā€™m gonna run higher amps and will be doubling up on 10awg

1 Like

You never know who will be reading this a year for now. The warning might not be for you. I donā€™t want someone to see that, and make assumptions that itā€™s an unfused charge port and a loopkey port, and itā€™s safe that way.

:wink:

IMG_3855 Can anyone tell me what these wires are for on the BMS. I assume one is for a on/off switch, but not sure about the other set. Thanks

White is for a power switch, and the nub on the end of the black wires is a thermistor, designed to be tucked inside your pack to monitor the temperature of the cells.

1 Like

Thank you, that makes sense

Please help me pair my Firefly NRF remote.

The receiver ( arduino + nrf24l01 ) is connected to the VESC TX/RX. The remote is powered on and I can see the throttle value changes on the LCD. I have configured FOC and I can move the motor with the PC keyboard.

1. I selected ā€œSetup Inputā€ > NRF
  2. Turned off the remote and selected Next.
  3. Turned on the remote and restarted the timer.
  4. Pressed the remote trigger button during the countdown.
  5. Timer finished and nothing appears on the screen

TWO OF THE WIRES WERE SWITCHED :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone used this BMS before? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FX7DRXP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3H0LACWKJ270E&psc=1

My board has been draining faster lately. Maybe itā€™s just my perception since I am no longer using my onboard boost converter to charge while riding (amazing never having a dead battery, but thatā€™s beside the point).

I thought to check and see if I have a dead P group, since last time I charged it, it only charged to 92%, and I had it on the charger for a day and a half or more.

All of the P groups were at 3.76v +/- 0.005v except for one P group which was at 3.85v.

All the instances I see of cells drifting (I thought), its usually a P group thatā€™s lower. What do you guys think could be causing this, and has anyone seen one P group persistently higher than the rest?

Itā€™s got a supower 10S BMS. All readings were taken from the BMS balance connector on the BMS itself.

To fix this drift, should I just leave the board on and see if it balances just having the loop key in (EDIT: nevermind, says it balanced when cells reach 3.9v+, may just charge it up a bit and then let it balance)ā€¦ should I leave it plugged in for a few days and let the BMS do itā€™s work with the charger in, or is 0.1v+ too much of a difference for the supower BMS to handle, or should I manually discharge that P group a bit and then charge it up?

I think leaving it charging is a good starting point. My 12s does this every 10 charges or so but it hovers around 95% for ages then shows 100 but stays red. Fan stays on and the bms heats up. Eventually it goes green and is good. Try it first before you think about a strip down.

1 Like

Iā€™d just leave it charging for longer. Most BMSs have a pretty low balancing current (50mA isnā€™t uncommon) so a large imbalance like that can take many hours or days to correct, depending on the capacity.

2 Likes

d882dbac9db060c834de2f20c4b8c7be762f88e6

7 Likes

German-Empire-celebrating-the-1st-of-May-Hitler-arriving-in-a-Mercedes-car-for-the-main-manifestai

6 Likes

I proudly take credit for the creation of the above 2 pictures. Ban me if you must, i did nothing wrong and i regret nothing.

2 Likes

Alternatively can someone take a look at the over-discharge and overcharge cutoffs and tell me if itā€™s reasonable?

A little technical question here. Is there, if the fsesc 6.6 is turned off with the led button, nearly zero current draw or no current draw?

Best ask your question on the news forum my friend. Most of the top help moved there.

2 Likes