Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Make sure you break in the new batteries first. Charge to 4.2, rest, discharge to 3.6, rest rinse and repeat four or five times. Those graphene packs have very low ESR values, and should work fine together. How many charge cycles do you have on the used ones? If itā€™s less than 20 you should be totally fine. Does your charger test internal resistance?

You on speech to text back there? Lol duck that ship

1 Like

My motor can has started moving making my pulley not alligned while riding, turnigy d5035. 153121725259418073827661531217313851-1229304748 You can see in pictures that it can be moved(whole can) a few millimeters. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, And the used batteries have around 10 charge cycles, 15 at mostā€¦ I dont believe my charger has any option to test internal resistance? its a cheap Imax B6 chargerā€¦ You said ā€˜graphene packs have very low ESR valuesā€™, could you explain what that means lol? Is ithat good or bad.

did you use loctite on the screws when you mounted the motor to the motor mount?

i did not mabye i should, however i dont think it was this that caused the problem. was told to push pulley against the goldplated tube (think itā€™s called circlip or something) and push that as far back as i could. For now this seem to have solved the problem :slight_smile:

You always use some sort of removable thread locker on those because they will start to slowly come off with the ride.

If Iā€™m using the imax b6 v2 charger genuine (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6ac-v2-professional-balance-charger-discharger.html), is it possible to charge 6S2P (lipos) or do i need a second charger? It says up to 6 cells so I assume its just 6 series in series is the max but I just wanted to make sure.

I would actually use 2 3S in series then connect another similar pack in series, not that it should matter though.

You should be fine

Fine to do 6S2P?

I would probably do each parallel separate just to be safe cause 6 cells would be 1 cell x 6 cells in series connections

Ok so charge one of the 6s units at a time.

Also I have a dumb question but I canā€™t find an answer on here haha, what is the point of putting the battery charger in the enclosure, canā€™t you just connect the batteries to the vesc directly?

I assume it has to do with just convenience, ie you donā€™t have to take off the enclosure when you need to charge, and all your stuff would have to be modular, ie no soldering? But say all your battery stuff is like plug and play, and your enclosure isnt too difficult to remove, wouldnā€™t it be easier to just take them out and charge when need be. I feel like Iā€™m missing something obvious though

Its mainly convenience. Most guys use Li-Ion and have the charging port sticking on the outer wall of the enclosure that way they can just put the charger into the port and its ready to charge. if you dont have a BMS the only way to balance charge the lipo batteries is to throw them on the balance charger.

Can anyone Point me towards a good g thread that describes pulley configurations. Or is it just a trial and error thing? Do certain combinations not work at all? Or put strain on the motors/ cause more belt slipping? Gonna run 107s. I have 15t &16t for the motors, and 36t and 42t for the wheels atm.

http://calc.esk8.it/

1 Like

Oh nice I like that calculator way better than some of the other ones I found. Iā€™m not a hundred percent sure on what battery I want to use but that does give me a good idea of what Iā€™m looking at so thank @Michaelinvegas So would it be safe to assume that the pully setups with a lower top speed would have better acceleration?

As simple as that

1 Like

So Iā€™m working on my 1st buildā€¦ 12s4p 30q dual tb 6374 using focboxā€¦ Iā€™m trying to get the setting right in the BLDC TOOL running foc senosored motors but canā€™t figure out why when I hit full throttle the motors wonā€™t spin properly only when I gradually press the throttle & even then itā€™s skipping/stutter when I give it throttle when I try to detect Hall sensor that portion of the set up failsā€¦ any help would be greatly appreciatedā€¦thanx

update the firmware with the vesc tool that was done by @Ackmaniac and you should get it to detect. You tried to throttle the motors before you did a motor detection?

1 Like

Yes I did throttle them before I did a detection but just to ensure they were working & that they were spinning in the right direction while connecting the phase wiresā€¦