Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

imax B6 is rated 50W. i would buy a mini 50W 12v supply

1 Like

Anyone know if sickboards.nl ships to the US? Can’t find anything that says they do, can’t find anything that says they don’t… Tryingto find surfrodz RKP adjustable base plates.

I’m pretty sure they do have you checked muirskate or sk8king

Just checked bith of those. No luck. They only have the tkp base plate on the surfrodz site. Still out of stock on the rkp.

Noob question:

So I want to re-grip my evo with some laser cut shapes. I wanted to spray paint the surface wood that will show between the shapes black. It is my first time messing with grip tape.

If I use spray paint on the surface, will the grip tape have a hard time sticking?

Nope, it’ll stick fine. A couple of tips…

rough up the surface on the deck so the paint sticks let the paint cure for a couple of days so it doesn’t peel use a heat gun to remove the existing tape, the heat will cause the glue to release

1 Like

I remember you started a thread about laser cutting grip tape. Do you sell those precut shapes?

I dont, sent the cutter back. It had something wrong with the voltage regulation and kept blowing tubes. Im slowly researching different hardware.

I would put a coat of polyurethane or spar urethane over the spray paint so if you ever have to peel it off it won’t pull of the spray paint. I would use the rustoleum 2x spray paint as well as it can cover pretty much everything in one coats maybe two.

I just got a 5a charger for my 12s5p pack and noticed the connections at my charging port are pretty warm along with the wires going into the bms. No where between the charging port and connector to bms wires is warm tho. Is this safe?

how warm does it get? I have always heard that the warming of the bms means it is balancing the cells in your battery. Who built the pack?

Hi All,

I’m looking to squeeze a bit more speed out of my current setup.

I have a mixture of cheapish parts from China that I’m reasonably happy with but I max out at 27 kmh (according to strava). I am currently running 6s lipos connected to one of these speed controllers: https://www.ebay.com/itm/single-motor-electric-longboard-skateboard-controller-ESC-Substitute/302546263597 3 and my motor is a “Brushless Outrunner Motor N5065 270KV 1665W”.

I asked the question earlier if I should upgrade from 6s to 10s lipos but apparently my ESC has a 6000RPM limit?

So my next question is, will upgrading my batteries from 6s lipo to 10s lipo and upgrading my motor to a 190KV motor give me any more top end speed while staying under the 6000RPM limit?

(I will also be upgrading my wheels and motor pulley but I’m most interested in the battery/motor question.)

Thanks

psychotiller built my pack. i asked him about a faster charger and he sent me the link for the one i bough.

I would say it is fine since he built it and is one of the guys that’s has built hundreds of packs

1 Like

You are just going to be constantly limited by your setup. I would upgrade the esc and the batteries

Thanks @briman05 . I realise the ESC is not great and my plan is to upgrade the ESC eventually but I assume my logic is correct that the 190KV motor with 10S will squeeze more speed out of the current setup while staying under the 6000RPM limit?

And does anyone have any recommendations for a lower end (read price) ESC that is better than my current ESC (https://www.ebay.com/itm/single-motor-electric-longboard-skateboard-controller-ESC-Substitute/302546263597)?

Thanks

The torque board vesc would probably by the cheapest.

If the esk8 calculator says that setup will be under the 6000 erpm limit you should be fine.

Remember, you’ll need to remove some solder from your esc to change it from 6s to 10s. Details are in the eBay postings.

:+1: @MonkeyM thanks mate

So I’m a newbie to skateboards and esk8s. I know chinese stuff is chinese and you get what you pay for generally speaking… But I can’t find anything in my price range, which isn’t a whole lot tbh so I’m not surprised. I have found what I think to could be an extreme budget build. I’m not looking for speed, I’m not much of a speed demon just need something for a decent ride of about 15km in distance. Any feedback will be helpful. Below are the links to the build I am considering buying just not sure on what will work. I am about 65-70kgs and there are some hills in my area but I can avoid them

I can’t post more than 2 links here so I’ve made a googledoc with the links to the parts