Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

How do I post on the for sale part of this forum? I can’t create a new topic, do I need to be a higher level or something?

You might have to be a higher level. This way it weeds out the scammers can you create new topics?

I can create new topics on other parts of this forum, do you have any idea what level I’d have to be to sell stuff?

Thats exactly why I bought a meepo I lend it out to all and sundry and am now in the process of building for friends which was really not my intention at all tbh. Still something to do while waiting for all the new innovations and if the missus thinks I’m making money she leaves me alone :joy:

Not entirely sure but its probably based on time and contribution. Most forums work along those lines to protect the communities and that’s a good thing. Keep reading and helping before you start making money of us is the ethos here because there have been some shady characters showing up. I think you can sell on the used parts thread though but again not completely sure. pm a moderator

I believe it is member but you have to have more time and read time.

Dang, I lurk on this forum all the time though :’(

Can someone look at my vesc settings on my post please? My board is spazing out / it doesnt have enough power to do hills. Thanks, Dominic

hello, some one know if is necessary the bag usually in blue for cover all batteries.

1 Like

You need to post pictures of the settings your screen caps are to small and can not be clicked to be made bigger but a a general statement you should use 2 motors for going up hills your motor kv is high for wanting to do hills. Basically higher the kv the higher the speed but less torque. A way to get around that would be to get a large wheel gear like a 42-44. So there are a few things that could cause the issues you are having plus you are not using the standard 18650 batteries

By bag what do you mean. The heatshrink that goes over the batteries pack. Yes the heatshrink helps keep everything close together so you dont develop issues with the pack.

1 Like

Can someone please confirm this setup will work: Battery%20Wiring%20Diagram

I only have 1 iMax b6 and I want to be able to charge all my stuff at once so I bought a parallel charging board. Will the output from the parallel board be equivalent to 6s2p?

The balance wires will be setup as shown below:

Balance%20Wire%20Diagram

So I did 3 big changes to my old set up and my efficiency has gone up tremendously, thing is I was not expecting this and I’m not sure what is giving me this amount of an increase.

• I put a new deck this shouldn’t change anything but the feel of the ride.

• I’m running FOC instead of BLDC

• new motor mounts with idler pullies. (I suspect this has made the biggest difference because my board free rolls so much better now.

motor mounts with idlers help keep the belt from slipping on the pulley. Foc definitly could be a factor as it smooths everything out

imagem

The Anti Spark Connector XT90S is necessary? i can’t make a permanent contact, like soldering? And if is necessary, when i need disconect, for exemple (charging, turn off…)

Thank you :slight_smile:

What kind of increases are you getting?

this makes the world of difference to an esk8 imo.

Well feel wise yes decks make a difference but shouldn’t change efficiency. Before I would get 20-30miles range depending how I ride. Now im easily getting 30miles range.

1 Like

Yes the anti spark is necessary. For easy disconnect use xt90 or xt60

Looser belts with idlers will help with that but i suspect its foc and that is interesting. I’ve never felt the need to go foc but if it is making your board that much more efficient then its worth looking at. What is your set up? Haven’t you got some crazy fire breathing monster?

I’m building a fire breathing monster but for now I’m riding my Dual 6374 12s4p. The idlers may be the biggest factor cause the difference in free roll from my old belt set up is on another level it now rolls like a hub motor.